atencionaclient Publish time 2024-4-26 09:58:11

RG-EW300PRO in a wisp environment is not functional managed from the cloud

Hello everyone, I have been looking at Ruijie products for a long time and they really look great in almost everything, prices, functionalities, free cloud management compared to other brands, we are dedicated to the Wisp business and we are using basic, economical tplink brand wifi routers "but not so functional in a wisp environment when the model came out: RG-EW300PRO focused on the wisp business, we were happy and decided to buy 4 units and put them to the test, the idea was to replace the 250 customers we currently have with ruijie routers in the first tests we found that this model has the UpnP function disabled and harms the nat of the online players - I posted the problem here - and they gave me some alternatives that seem to work, what we do see is very final, except for me is that in the cloud when creating the project and thus manage my clients by zones, it does not allow me to set a separate password for my routers or the name of the network since it applies to all the routers attached to the same project, at the moment it is not useful for me to be So since we have clients in entire neighborhoods where the same network ssid and password applies to everyone, being harmful to me, we left on one hand the project of replacing my routers for my clients, perhaps the benefits of ruijie applied in scenarios such as schools, companies and others scenarios where it is not necessary to have independent networks with independent passwords for each user is very good but for my wisp environment I did not see it viable. If someone is implementing these router models in their wisp network, please share how they ensure that each client has a network ssid and different password

chenchunyan@rui Publish time 2024-4-26 13:07:23

Edited by GTAC-Vivian at 2024-4-26 14:06

Hi Sniper-113,
1. If you want devices can broadcast different ssids, please refer to the guide and create sub projects to manage its ssid settings.
https://community.ruijienetworks.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=6616&extra=page%3D1
2. EW300 PRO supports UPnP function. Please refer to this image.
data/attachment/forum/202404/26/140653mfoggie9x2x2jjoi.png

If you still has any questions about this device, please help to list them and talk with me again. I would be glad to help you in Community.
Pages: [1]
View full version: RG-EW300PRO in a wisp environment is not functional managed from the cloud