Forgot password?
 Register now

Welcome to use this form to feedback your problems with Ruijie Community

The category of your feedback

Your Feedback

Your Email address (optional):

WLAN with Identity PSK auth (i.e. PPSK over RADIUS instead of local users) on RG-WS6512 Reply

Alexey Savkin

Level 1

WLAN with Identity PSK auth (i.e. PPSK over RADIUS instead of local users) on RG-WS6512
209 6 2024-5-16 22:04:26
Original
Dear experts!
Is there a possibility to  configure PPSK SSID (implement individual PSK key for particular STA ), but not with local users database (adding by SUMNG), but by checking mac-addresses on RADIUS server and getting PSK key for particular client from RADIUS?
The "Identity PSK" is another name of this feature.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Alexey
RG-WS6816

Wireless Authentication PPSK Radius
0 2024-5-16 22:33:37 View all replies
Dear sir

For PPSK function you can configure PPSK on the Ruijie AP via Cloud
you can refer to this link to configure PPSK
https://cloud.ruijienetworks.com/help/#/ArticleList?id=2ff2684e1f224ccabfad654d4365c3d0
Or you can configure PPSK on the RG-WS6816 refer to this link:
https://www.ruijienetworks.com/resources/preview/ruijie-rg-wlan-series-access-controllers-web-based-configuration-guide-rgos11-9-6-w3b13-en

Best regards,
Ross

0 2024-5-16 22:41:54 View all replies
GTAC-Ross replied at 2024-5-16 22:33
Dear sir

For PPSK function you can configure PPSK on the Ruijie AP via Cloud

Hi Ross.

Im sorry, but we do not use cloud at all, we have on-premise Ruijie 10G Wireless Controller (WS6512) + Cisco ISE as a RADIUS server.
Of course I already red Config Guide chapter about PPSK before asking, but this design based on local PSK's database managing by SUMNG.
But my question about PPSK+ RADIUS (obtain PSK key from RADIUS instead of local database)

Please read the initial question more carefully before answering.

Regards,
Alexey

0 2024-5-21 11:06:34 View all replies
Alexey Savkin replied at 2024-5-16 22:41
Hi Ross.

Im sorry, but we do not use cloud at all, we have on-premise Ruijie 10G Wireless Control ...

Dear sir

Sorry for the later reply
as we checked on the existing config guide
currently we do not have a solution to store PPSK secret key data based on radius server, we can only store this part of data based on local equipment(wS6512)

Best regards
ross

0 2024-5-21 14:29:54 View all replies
GTAC-Ross replied at 2024-5-21 11:06
Dear sir

Thank you, Ross, for the information provided.

Last question: may be, you have this feature in the product roadmap? Or you can make feature request to product team for including it into roadmap? I can provide more detailed technical description how it may act.

Regards,
Alexey

0 2024-5-27 15:09:26 View all replies
Alexey Savkin replied at 2024-5-21 14:29
Thank you, Ross, for the information provided.

Last question: may be, you have this feature in th ...

Hi Ross.
Have you any news regarding my last question?
Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Alexey

0 2024-5-27 17:19:44 View all replies
Alexey Savkin replied at 2024-5-27 15:09
Hi Ross.
Have you any news regarding my last question?
Thank you in advance.

Dear sir

we have informed your current requirment to the R&D team and check with them if it can be supported in the future
However, if this is an important requirement, you can contact our pre-sales staff to describe your application scenario and expedite the implementation of this requirement
here is the contact email:carlos_zhou@ruijienetworks.com

Best regards,
Ross

Related Posts
Product Model

Share this topic to

Cancel

This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Ruijie may provide or recommend responses as a possible solution based on the information provided; every potential issue may involve several factors not detailed in the conversations captured in an electronic forum and Ruijie can therefore provide no guarantee as to the efficacy of any proposed solutions on the community forums. Ruijie disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Ruijie Community Terms of Use.

More ways to get help: Visit Support Videos, call us via Service Hotline, Facebook or Live Chat.

©2000-2023 Ruijie Networks Co,Ltd