kachombomalvin@ Publish time 2024-2-12 00:36:48

Troubleshooting Quota System on Ruijie Reyee Network Setup

Hello everyone,I hope you're all doing well. I recently purchased a new Ruijie Reyee switch (model number RG-ES205GC-P) along with a Ruijie access point (model number RG-RAP6260(G)). My intention was to set up a paid WiFi voucher system for my cafe.
I've successfully set up the captive portal, but I'm encountering an issue with the quota system. Despite configuring the quota limit on the access point, it seems that the system is exceeding the set data limit and not turning off as expected.
Your assistance in troubleshooting and resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

liujunhui1@ruij Publish time 2024-2-12 09:14:00

Dear sir

For data quota currently is not supported by Reyee AP
So this the reason why the data quota was not toke affect
You can also refer to this link:Ruijie Cloud various captive portal authentication solutions difference - Cloud - ruijienetworks
data/attachment/forum/202402/12/091346gn7e4mezoqimsfgs.png
Best regards.
Ross

kachombomalvin@ Publish time 2024-2-12 11:38:53

GTAC-Ross replied at 2024-2-12 09:14
Dear sir

For data quota currently is not supported by Reyee AP

Thank you for the clarification. Given that the Reyee AP doesn’t support data quota, could you please recommend a compatible piece of hardware that would allow me to implement a data quota system? I was considering purchasing the Reyee 5-port Dual WAN Gigabit Cloud Managed PoE Router (RG-EG105G-P-V2). Do you think this router would solve my problem? Your guidance on the appropriate hardware to purchase would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

liujunhui1@ruij Publish time 2024-2-12 11:49:02

User 42193 replied at 2024-2-12 11:38
Thank you for the clarification. Given that the Reyee AP doesn’t support data quota, could you pl ...

Dear sir

Thanks for your understanding
but for data qutoa function, currently only Ruijie AP can support that
So this model of Ruijie AP you may refer to
RG-AP810-I, Wi-Fi 6 Dual-radio 1.775 Gbps Indoor Access Point - Ruijie Networks

You can also refer to this link this is the portal function can be supported on different model of device:Ruijie Cloud various captive portal authentication solutions difference - Cloud - ruijienetworks
Best regards,
Ross

kachombomalvin@ Publish time 2024-2-12 11:56:33

GTAC-Ross replied at 2024-2-12 11:49
Dear sir

Thanks for your understanding

Thank you for providing the information about the RG-AP810-I indoor access point. Could you also recommend an outdoor access point model that supports the data quota function? I'm particularly interested in deploying this feature in an outdoor setting. Your assistance in finding the appropriate outdoor access point would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

liujunhui1@ruij Publish time 2024-2-12 12:11:31

User 42193 replied at 2024-2-12 11:56
Thank you for providing the information about the RG-AP810-I indoor access point. Could you also r ...

Dear sir

This model may meet your requirement

RG-AP680-O(V3), Wi-Fi 6 Dual-Radio 2.976 Gbps Outdoor Access Point - Ruijie Networks

kachombomalvin@ Publish time 2024-2-12 12:48:32

GTAC-Ross replied at 2024-2-12 12:11
Dear sir

This model may meet your requirement

Thank you for your prompt response and for recommending the RG-AP680-O(V3). It sounds like it could indeed meet my requirements for outdoor use.
I will look into this model further to ensure it aligns with my needs. Your assistance has been greatly appreciated
Pages: [1]
View full version: Troubleshooting Quota System on Ruijie Reyee Network Setup