ivan@instalacio Publish time 2024-3-14 00:38:00

Switch recommendation

I have an office with 5 APs (RG-RAP2266) and a 5 port poe switch RG-ES205GC-P. The main router is a Huawei router from the telecom company and they get full 1 gbps bandwidth.
Right now they are having issues with speed as every client only gets up to 20 mbps.
There are normally aroun 80 wireless clients.

I'm thinking maybe the switch is not enough and I should upgrade it to something better to manage all this connections.
Do you think this would be the solution or is there anything else I could be missing?

Thank you very much in advance

javier@ruijie.c Publish time 2024-3-14 09:23:42

Hi:

the problem with the speed and low bandwidth per user may not related to devices' capabilities;but to the network environment, such as interferences from other devices, channel bandwidths, overlapping channels between your APs, high density of users, what band your users are using, etc.

You need to ensure that your network is correctly deployed in settings before buying a new switch that might be not necessary, so in this way, you can enhance your network with the resources you already have and save some money. Any of our colleagues can help you with this, you can start a live chat session on RITA.

Regards

Javier

Regards,
Pages: [1]
View full version: Switch recommendation