rabin.ghimire@g Publish time 2024-4-23 22:59:51

Use of Private Line

Hello,
What is Private Line configuration in WAN setup.
What will be the best scenarios of using this.
Can we access the one site one valn to another site vlan through WAN connectivity using ISPs provided extra vlan id(valn passthrough)?
Please provide the detail documentation on it.
Thanks

javier@ruijie.c Publish time 2024-4-24 08:45:30

Hi:

Generally, private lines are used for access to specific internal networks but not the Internet. Private lines provide higher network security.

Regarding the VLAN question, please let me confirm.

Regards,

Javier

rabin.ghimire@g Publish time 2024-5-3 11:12:56

GTAC--Javier replied at 2024-4-24 08:45
Hi:

Generally, private lines are used for access to specific internal networks but not the Internet ...

Thanks for reply.
My office has two working Sites different locations.

Two office sites are connected through same ISPs fiber Router

The ISP's fiber router in each sites have two ports one for internet access (wan port) andanother port for valn pass-through to connect one site cctv vlan to another site cctv)
I have place Reijue EG10G-Pseries gateway router in both sites.
How do I pass the internalcctv vlan through another wan port as private line?
Is it disabling NAT on private line works?
Does the internal LAN network passed through wan port? because private line option is only available when lan port is changed to wan port only?
Please explain thedetails configuration guide how to configure both site's router as private line to outcome the solution.

Thanks

wengjialong@rui Publish time 2024-5-3 13:29:20

rabins_sky replied at 2024-5-3 11:12
Thanks for reply.
My office has two working Sites different locations.

Hi rabins_sky,

The private line is a reserved WAN link for accessing specific internal resources while the other WAN port can be used to access the internet.
If you want to use the private line, please make sure the CCTV networks on both sites are reachable via static routes.
You need to configure a Static Route that forwards data packets destined for the CCTV network via the private line WAN interface.
For example, if Site 1 needs to access the CCTV network 10.10.10.0/24 on Site 2, and the WAN1 on Site 1 router is configured as the private line with a gateway IP address 192.168.1.1. The static route can be configured as the following:
data/attachment/forum/202405/03/132811qixtu1p3lzi41rul.png

Best regards,
Jayden
Pages: [1]
View full version: Use of Private Line