Ruijie Community

Title: Portal Authentication Capacity [Print this page]

Author: ExCTO Nexo    Time: 2023-6-8 04:13
Title: Portal Authentication Capacity
Hello,

I checked the specifications of the RG-EG3250, and it states that the maximum capacity of concurrent users in the captive portal is 1500. I have configured the router with the "1-click login" option. Once the user authenticates on the portal and starts browsing, do they stop being a concurrent user of the portal and become a regular user of the network?
On the other hand, what would be the maximum limit of active devices that the router supports on the network?

Waiting for your reply,
Kind Regards
Salvador

Author: GTAC-Patrick    Time: 2023-6-8 09:54
Once the users are authenticated, they will be counted as the authentication users, not regular users.
There is not a parameter for the maximum number, only the recommended number is available.

Author: ExCTO Nexo    Time: 2023-6-8 15:11
GTAC-Patrick replied at 2023-6-8 09:54
Once the users are authenticated, they will be counted as the authentication users, not regular user ...

Thanks.
I expect around 10000 maximum users on the network, most of them through captive portal.

Should I switch to the [strong]RG-EG3000XE?[/strong]
Waiting for your advice,

Kind regards

Salvador

Author: GTAC-Patrick    Time: 2023-6-8 15:33
CTO Nexo replied at 2023-6-8 15:11
Thanks.
I expect around 10000 maximum users on the network, most of them through captive portal.

yes.

Welcome to Ruijie Community (https://community.ruijienetworks.com/) Powered by Discuz! X3.2