Ruijie Community

Title: WIFI Design [Print this page]

Author: vicente.corroch    Time: 2023-8-23 02:35
Title: WIFI Design
How to draw a wifi plan for a Hotel

Author: javier@ruijie.c    Time: 2023-8-23 08:26
Dear:

You can do it through ruijie reyee app, as in the following video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSyrUEM6j6k

You can also click on AI heatmap on ruijie cloud using a browser:

you can also check the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXQDqQ6OqI4

Regards

Author: vicente.corroch    Time: 2024-9-26 19:14
GTAC-Javier replied at 2023-8-23 08:26
Dear:

You can do it through ruijie reyee app, as in the following video: https://www.youtube.com/wa ...

Sorry, my question was not very clear, I wanted to know if ruijie planner will show the estimated WIFI 6 signal map just like it shows wifi 2,4 and wifi 5

Author: vicente.corroch    Time: 2024-9-26 19:17
Vicente Carrochano replied at 2024-9-26 19:14
Sorry, my question was not very clear, I wanted to know if ruijie planner will show the estimated  ...

I think I made a mistake, wifi 6 uses the 5Mhz Band, it is WIFI6E that uses Band 6

Author: wangyanjun3@rui    Time: 2024-9-26 20:51
Edited by GTAC-Tom at 2024-9-26 20:53

Vicente Carrochano replied at 2024-9-26 19:17
I think I made a mistake, wifi 6 uses the 5Mhz Band, it is WIFI6E that uses Band 6
WiFi 6 (also known as 802.11ax) is the latest generation of Wi-Fi standards designed to increase network efficiency and support the growing number of connected devices. Compared to previous generations of Wi-Fi technology, WiFi 6 provides faster speeds, higher capacity, and better coverage. Here are some of the key features of WiFi 6:
1. **Higher efficiency**: WiFi 6 improves efficiency by using more advanced modulation technology (such as 1024-QAM) and multi-user MIMO (MU-MIMO) technology. The latter allows the router to communicate with multiple devices simultaneously, thereby reducing congestion and latency.
2. **Target Wake Time (TWT)**: This feature allows the device to negotiate a time period for data transmission with the access point, which helps reduce the power consumption of the device because they can go to sleep and stay in the Save battery power during inactive periods.
3. **Higher speed**: In theory, the maximum throughput of WiFi 6 can reach 9.6 Gbps. Although the speed in actual applications will be affected by various factors, it is still higher than the previous generation (802.11ac) Significant improvement.
4. **Better Coverage**: Thanks to beamforming technology and improved antenna configuration, WiFi 6 is able to cover larger spaces better and provide a more stable connection in crowded environments.
5. **OFDMA Technology**: Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiple Access (OFDMA) allows access points to split a channel into multiple small segments to send information to multiple devices more efficiently, thereby reducing waiting time and congestion .
The wifi 6 supports both 2.4GHz and 5GHz dual bands, and in some cases may also support 6GHz bands (depending on region and regulatory requirements).
WiFi 6E is an extended version of WiFi 6 (802.11ax) technology, with the main difference being that it adds support for the 6 GHz band. This is an important addition to the existing 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands. Here are some key information about WiFi 6E:
6 GHz band: WiFi 6E adds support for the 6 GHz band, which means it can operate on three bands: 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz, and the new 6 GHz band. The 6 GHz band provides a large amount of unused bandwidth, which is important for reducing interference and increasing data transfer rates.
It is worth noting that the availability of the 6 GHz band depends on the regulations of different countries and regions. Some countries have approved the use of this band for unlicensed wireless devices, but not all regions have opened this band. In addition, considering the physical characteristics of the 6 GHz band, its signal penetration ability may not be as strong as that of lower frequency signals, so in some environments it may be necessary to optimize the network layout to ensure good coverage.

currently only can support 2.4G and 5G , don't support 6G

Best Regards
Tom

Welcome to Ruijie Community (https://community.ruijienetworks.com/) Powered by Discuz! X3.2