Ruijie Community

Title: WLAN with Identity PSK auth (i.e. PPSK over RADIUS instead of local users) on RG-WS6512 [Print this page]

Author: alexey.savkin1@    Time: 2024-5-16 22:04
Title: WLAN with Identity PSK auth (i.e. PPSK over RADIUS instead of local users) on RG-WS6512
Dear experts!
Is there a possibility to  configure PPSK SSID (implement individual PSK key for particular STA ), but not with local users database (adding by SUMNG), but by checking mac-addresses on RADIUS server and getting PSK key for particular client from RADIUS?
The "Identity PSK" is another name of this feature.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Alexey

Author: liujunhui1@ruij    Time: 2024-5-16 22:33
Dear sir

For PPSK function you can configure PPSK on the Ruijie AP via Cloud
you can refer to this link to configure PPSK
https://cloud.ruijienetworks.com/help/#/ArticleList?id=2ff2684e1f224ccabfad654d4365c3d0
Or you can configure PPSK on the RG-WS6816 refer to this link:
https://www.ruijienetworks.com/resources/preview/ruijie-rg-wlan-series-access-controllers-web-based-configuration-guide-rgos11-9-6-w3b13-en

Best regards,
Ross

Author: alexey.savkin1@    Time: 2024-5-16 22:41
GTAC-Ross replied at 2024-5-16 22:33
Dear sir

For PPSK function you can configure PPSK on the Ruijie AP via Cloud

Hi Ross.

Im sorry, but we do not use cloud at all, we have on-premise Ruijie 10G Wireless Controller (WS6512) + Cisco ISE as a RADIUS server.
Of course I already red Config Guide chapter about PPSK before asking, but this design based on local PSK's database managing by SUMNG.
But my question about PPSK+ RADIUS (obtain PSK key from RADIUS instead of local database)

Please read the initial question more carefully before answering.

Regards,
Alexey

Author: liujunhui1@ruij    Time: 2024-5-21 11:06
Alexey Savkin replied at 2024-5-16 22:41
Hi Ross.

Im sorry, but we do not use cloud at all, we have on-premise Ruijie 10G Wireless Control ...

Dear sir

Sorry for the later reply
as we checked on the existing config guide
currently we do not have a solution to store PPSK secret key data based on radius server, we can only store this part of data based on local equipment(wS6512)

Best regards
ross

Author: alexey.savkin1@    Time: 2024-5-21 14:29
GTAC-Ross replied at 2024-5-21 11:06
Dear sir

Thank you, Ross, for the information provided.

Last question: may be, you have this feature in the product roadmap? Or you can make feature request to product team for including it into roadmap? I can provide more detailed technical description how it may act.

Regards,
Alexey

Author: alexey.savkin1@    Time: 2024-5-27 15:09
Alexey Savkin replied at 2024-5-21 14:29
Thank you, Ross, for the information provided.

Last question: may be, you have this feature in th ...

Hi Ross.
Have you any news regarding my last question?
Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Alexey

Author: liujunhui1@ruij    Time: 2024-5-27 17:19
Alexey Savkin replied at 2024-5-27 15:09
Hi Ross.
Have you any news regarding my last question?
Thank you in advance.

Dear sir

we have informed your current requirment to the R&D team and check with them if it can be supported in the future
However, if this is an important requirement, you can contact our pre-sales staff to describe your application scenario and expedite the implementation of this requirement
here is the contact email:carlos_zhou@ruijienetworks.com

Best regards,
Ross

Welcome to Ruijie Community (https://community.ruijienetworks.com/) Powered by Discuz! X3.2