Ruijie Community

Title: Starlink compatibility [Print this page]

Author: killar1965@gmai    Time: 2024-5-21 07:44
Title: Starlink compatibility
Morning all,
I was shipped an RG-EW1200 as part of a package to convert my gen 2 starlink from 24v to 12v.
Firstly, does anybody know if this router is compatible for this job and if so, what's the process of getting it to work??

Cheers
James

Author: yujiamin@ruijie    Time: 2024-5-21 14:12
Dear sir

Do you want to add the EW router in your current starlink router network to extend the current wireless signal?

EW router is compatible to do this in repeater mode to establish a wired/wireless connection between the startlink router and the EW router, extending network coverage. Here is the guide you can refer to configure repeater mode on EW router on page 95: https://reyee.ruijie.com/en-global/resources/preview/ruijie-reyee-mesh-routers-web-based-configuration-guide

Best regards
Jenny

Author: killar1965@gmai    Time: 2024-5-22 07:37
GTAC-Jenny replied at 2024-5-21 14:12
Dear sir

Do you want to add the EW router in your current starlink router network to extend the cur ...

Hey Jenny...
Thanks for the reply...actually, the EW was sent to replace the existing starlink router, as that runs on 240v. The EW runs on 12v which is what I'm seeking as we do a lot of camping.
So my question is, will the EW that I've been sent replace the starlink router?
James

Author: v-anakaren@ruij    Time: 2024-5-22 09:59
James Kilburn replied at 2024-5-22 07:37
Hey Jenny...
Thanks for the reply...actually, the EW was sent to replace the existing starlink rou ...

Dear Sir,
So, you want to use the EW in router mode, right? In this case, the Starlink router receives the signal via satellite. The EW needs to be connected via the WAN port to a modem, so the EW cannot replace the Starlink. It can be added to the Starlink signal as a repeater but cannot act as a router without being connected to a modem.

Best  Regards.
Karen

Welcome to Ruijie Community (https://community.ruijienetworks.com/) Powered by Discuz! X3.2