Ruijie Community

Title: CAPTIVE PORTAL ON AP WITH GATEWAY PROBLEM [Print this page]

Author: wendaxcampion12    Time: 2024-8-2 15:23
Title: CAPTIVE PORTAL ON AP WITH GATEWAY PROBLEM
in my topology i have 3 ruijie devices consist of gateway, switch and an AP,, i have also created 3 vlans with 3 SSID on different vlans..(guest, manager, employees) however, when i try to configure a captive portal and point to the SSID of vlan 3(guest) it does not work?? when i connect my personal device on guest wifi no captive portal is popping up.. do i need to configure my gateway? or just the AP? do i have to synchronize my captive portal to the gateway? thank you for any answert

Author: zhangqiao@ruiji    Time: 2024-8-5 09:19
Dear Sir/Madam,

May I ask what was the specific issue on the personal device? From your description,there may be two scenarios related to it.

1. The browser failed to pop up after the device connected to it.

In this case, please try the follow wing step:

1.1 Try visit a website on the browser and see if it can be redirected tothe authentication page.

1.2 Check if there is any pops-up prevention feature enabled on your personaldevice.

2. The authentication page could not be loaded.

2.1 Check if the model supports captive portal authentication

If the authentication device is set to AP mode, make sure the RAP/Reyee EG in your network supports the AP portal feature.Currently, only EG300 Series and following models of RAP support this feature:

RAP1260/RAP1261/RAP2260/RAP2260(E)/RAP2260(G)/RAP2260(H)/RAP2266/RAP6260(G)/RAP6260(H)/RAP6262/RAP6262(G)

2.2 Check if the portal configuration is correct.

Make sure your user device is connected to the VLAN set in the portal

Get into the eWEB of your gateway, and check if the authentication settingis correct (Please refer to the image below):

Check if the user device is in the blocklist of your gateway in the eWEB

2.3 Check the connectivity of your user device.

After connecting an user device, check if it can ping "portal.ruijienetworks.com"or visit "https://portal.ruiiienetworks.com" via a browser.

If it is only some of devices that cannot load the portal page, try visit"1.1.1.1" via browsers and see if they can be redirected to authentication page,

Welcome to Ruijie Community (https://community.ruijienetworks.com/) Powered by Discuz! X3.2