Ruijie Community

Title: Multiple DHCP servers on LAN port [Print this page]

Author: ammarbadahman@g    Time: 2024-9-4 18:02
Title: Multiple DHCP servers on LAN port
Dear Support

Multiple DHCP servers on LAN port this

I have received alarm on this issue and i configure the router with different IP but every few hours I received the messages and I don't know what to do

thank you

Author: guominxiang@rui    Time: 2024-9-5 09:45
Hello,

I‘m sorry that we can't provide a specific solution for you based on current information.
Can you help to check the following aspects:
1. Please share your topology and the devices model
2. You mean that you have configured multiple routers as DHCP servers, but the IP addresses are different? If yes, please check whether the vlan and mask are the same. You can take a screenshot and show it to us
3. DHCP server may be enabled on other devices on the network. If you have a switch, you can enable DHCP snooping and set the port that your DHCP server connects to as a trusted port
4. You can capture packets on the gateway and view the interaction process and mac address of DHCP packets in the packets. According to the mac address, you can find out the server.

If the issue still exists, please talk with me again. I would be glad to help you in Community.

Best regards,
Micca

Welcome to Ruijie Community (https://community.ruijienetworks.com/) Powered by Discuz! X3.2