Ruijie Community

Title: Rate problem [Print this page]

Author: mohammedsaeedas    Time: 2024-9-21 09:41
Title: Rate problem
I’m having a problem with changing the rate to one of my ports on the RG-NBS3200-48GT4SX-P. I want to change the rate on the port for my room as I use it as a lan internet connection for my pc but I can’t get it to be above 10m it always disconnects when I change it to 1000 or even 100 any solutions to this? I’m no expert in this field so please explain it in simple terms.
Note: I do have other lan connections in my house that are 1000m and are working perfectly fine.

Author: v-shaojinren@ru    Time: 2024-9-21 10:21
Edited by GTAC-Ryan at 2024-9-21 10:30

Hello Asiri,
The port rate on your switch can be negotiated to 1000M if both the port on your PC and the cable support 1000M transfering rate. Here are a few steps to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the issue:

1. Check Cable Type and Quality:

2. Check Auto-Negotiation Settings:

3.Manually Configure Speed and Duplex:

If you have manually set the port on your switch to 1000M rate and duplex mode.
You can also try manually setting both your PC’s network adapter and the switch port to a specific speed. To do this:

4. Update Firmware and Drivers:

5. Test with Different Devices:

Author: mohammedsaeedas    Time: 2024-9-21 17:26
GTAC-Ryan replied at 2024-9-21 10:21
Hello Asiri,
The port rate on your switch can be negotiated to 1000M if both the port on your PC and ...

Hey Ryan,
I’ve tried all of the above before, the problem isn’t from my pc nor my cable as I before tried to use my pc on one of my working ports in my house and it was able to get 1000mbps with the same cable and the same pc. But the problem seems to be from the port as I cannot set the port rate to 1000m because when I do that the port just shows up as disabled and doesn’t work anymore neither for my pc or any other device I try to connect it to.  

Welcome to Ruijie Community (https://community.ruijienetworks.com/) Powered by Discuz! X3.2