Ruijie Community

Title: Phone blocklist [Print this page]

Author: ingricardocoss0    Time: 2024-10-19 05:01
Title: Phone blocklist
I put a phone on the blocklist and then removed it from the list, and now the phone does not look at the SSIDs and does not appear on the blocklist either.

its a

Author: v-wangmingxian@    Time: 2024-10-21 10:30
Sir, for newer client devices like mobile phone have a function called "Private MAC address" that will periodically switch a random MAC address which may cause the issue.

May you explain furthur about your issue? Or welcome to reach our enginner at RITA anytime!

Author: ingricardocoss0    Time: 2024-10-21 22:18
GTAC-William replied at 2024-10-21 10:30
Sir, for newer client devices like mobile phone have a function called "Private MAC address" that wi ...

Q: May you explain furthur about your issue?

A: There was a cell phone connected to my SSID and then I put that phone in the blocklist and it no longer had access, days later I removed that phone from the blocklist.

The problem is that now that phone cannot see the SSIDs even though it is no longer on the blocklist.
It looks like it is still blocked but it is no longer in the blocklist.

Author: yujiamin@ruijie    Time: 2024-10-21 22:59
Ricardo Coss replied at 2024-10-21 22:18
Q: May you explain furthur about your issue?

Dear sir

May I know whether other terminal devices can see the SSID broadcast by the AP normally? You can try to manually add the SSID to test whether can connect to it. If the problem still exists, please help show us the AP blacklist configuration to further check this issue. Thank you for your cooperation.

Best regards
Jenny

Author: ingricardocoss0    Time: 2024-10-21 23:36
GTAC-Jenny replied at 2024-10-21 22:59
Dear sir

May I know whether other terminal devices can see the SSID broadcast by the AP normally? ...

There are already 2 cell phones that were in the blocklist, then I removed them from the blocklist and now they can't see the SSIDs.I tried to add the SSIDs to those phones manually but it does not add them.
I have other cell phones connected to the AP but those were never blocked.

Author: v-saul@ruijie.c    Time: 2024-10-24 04:37
Ricardo Coss replied at 2024-10-21 23:36
There are already 2 cell phones that were in the blocklist, then I removed them from the blocklist ...

Sir,
Can you please help show us the AP blacklist configuration?

Is the WiFi on the 2.4 or 5G band?

What is the actual firmware version of your device?

The main purpose of the blocklist is not to hide the WiFi from the clients, is just block the access to the network.

Best Regards!

Welcome to Ruijie Community (https://community.ruijienetworks.com/) Powered by Discuz! X3.2