Register now

Welcome to use this form to feedback your problems with Ruijie Community

The category of your feedback

Your Feedback

Your Email address (optional):

Why the RG-E-POE120 can not power on the RAP52-OD? Reply

Jesús Buinitzky

Level 1

Why the RG-E-POE120 can not power on the RAP52-OD?
751 8 2024-7-10 03:48:25
Original
Hello!!
Please, i was testing the RAP52-OD and it works with the ES205GCP and the RG-POE-AT30, but not with the RG-E-POE120.
The RAP52-OD works with AF POE technology, the RG-EPOE120 too, but this POE can not power on the RAP52-OD
Please, can you help me with this?
RG-RAP52-OD

POE Troubleshooting Wireless
0 2024-7-10 08:39:04 View all replies
Daer Jesus,
RG-E-120(GE) can be used to power on the RAP52-OD. Can the RG-E-120(GE) power on other APs normally?

You need to check that the RG-E-120(GE) is functioning correctly.​

Best Regards

0 2024-7-10 15:36:29 View all replies
Edited by Giovanni Fletcher at 2024-7-10 15:37

• [strong]Verify Power Requirements[/strong]: Double-check the power requirements of the RAP52-OD and the power output specifications of the RG-E-POE120. Ensure that the RG-E-POE120 meets or exceeds the power requirements of the RAP52-OD.
  • [strong]Check POE Standards[/strong]: Confirm that both devices adhere to the same POE standard (e.g., IEEE 802.3af, IEEE 802.3at). Even though both are AF POE, it's crucial to ensure full compatibility.
  • [strong]Test the Cable[/strong]: Ensure that the Ethernet cable used is of good quality and supports POE. Sometimes, a faulty or lower-quality cable might not transmit power effectively.
  • [strong]Firmware Updates[/strong]: Check if there are any firmware updates available for both the RAP52-OD and the RG-E-POE120. Manufacturers sometimes release updates that improve compatibility and performance.
  • [strong]Power Cycle[/strong]: Try power cycling both the RAP52-OD and the RG-E-POE120. Disconnect the power for a few seconds and then reconnect to see if the issue persists.
  • [strong]Reset to Factory Settings[/strong]: If possible, reset both devices to their factory settings. This can sometimes resolve configuration issues that might be causing the problem.
  • [strong]Contact Manufacturer Support[/strong]: If the above steps do not resolve the issue, contact the support teams of the respective manufacturers. They might have more specific troubleshooting steps or insights into compatibility issues.

0 2024-7-10 21:05:41 View all replies
AnaKarenDuranUrrutia replied at 2024-7-10 08:39
Daer Jesus,
RG-E-120(GE) can be used to power on the RAP52-OD. Can the RG-E-120(GE) power on other  ...

Hello, Ana!

Yes, I tested de RG-E-POE120 with the RAP2200F and works fine... but not with the RAP52-OD. I tested two RG-E-POE120 with the RAP52-OD and doesn't work.
I think maybe it is for the difference between the "Active POE" and the "Passive POE"... The RAP52-OD works with Passive POE and the RG-E-120 with the Active POE

Best regards!

0 2024-7-10 22:38:57 View all replies
Giovanni Fletcher replied at 2024-7-10 15:36
  • [strong]Verify Power Requirements[/strong]: Double-check the power requirements of the RAP52-OD  ...

• Hello, Giovanni!

Yes, i made a lab test and before read the datasheets to avoid any issue... but the results are the same...

Thanks!

Best regards!

0 2024-7-10 23:03:32 View all replies
    Jesús Buinitzky replied at 2024-7-10 22:38
    Hello, Giovanni!

Yes, i made a lab test and before read the datasheets to avoid any issue... but  ...

Hello,
    Have you test for RAP52-OD with the same cable as what you have tested with RAP2200E?

0 2024-7-11 00:16:28 View all replies
    GTAC-Stella replied at 2024-7-10 23:03
    Hello,
    Have you test for RAP52-OD with the same cable as what you have tested with RAP2200E?

Hello, Stella!!
    Yes, I used the same cable to power on the RAP2200F and the RAP52-OD with the RG-E-POE120. Each separately.
    Yes, I did the tests, because I work as a consultant for the Ruijie/Reyee brand (pre-sales, after-sales, consulting) at the official Ruijie distributor in Venezuela (LupoTech) and before marketing the RAP52-OD in our country I needed try them well. So when testing with the RG-E-120POE, I found this compatibility issue between these devices (RG-E-120POE and RAP52-OD).
    Stella, if you need anything else, i will be attentive.
    Best regards!

0 2024-7-11 01:58:49 View all replies
    Jesús Buinitzky replied at 2024-7-11 00:16
    Hello, Stella!!
    Yes, I used the same cable to power on the RAP2200F and the RAP52-OD with the RG-E ...

Dear Jesus,
    The RAP52-OD device is compatible with both injectors. However, it may not be receiving sufficient power from the RG-E-POE120 injector. Could you please test with another RAP52-OD device and see if you get the same results?

Best Regards,
    Karen

0 2024-7-27 22:55:21 View all replies
    GTAC-AnaKarenDuranUrrutia replied at 2024-7-11 01:58
    Dear Jesus,
    The RAP52-OD device is compatible with both injectors. However, it may not be receivi ...

Hello, miss Karen.

Thanks for your answer.
    I got some info that maybe will help us with this topic here:
    https://reyee.ruijie.com/en-global/support/documents/slide_rg-rap52-od-hardware-installation-and-reference-guide#_Ref156910227

Best regards

Related Posts
    Product Model

Share this topic to

Cancel

This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Ruijie may provide or recommend responses as a possible solution based on the information provided; every potential issue may involve several factors not detailed in the conversations captured in an electronic forum and Ruijie can therefore provide no guarantee as to the efficacy of any proposed solutions on the community forums. Ruijie disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Ruijie Community Terms of Use.

More ways to get help: Visit Support Videos, call us via Service Hotline, Facebook or Live Chat.

©2000-2023 Ruijie Networks Co,Ltd