Your Feedback

Your Email address (optional):

EW 1800 GX-Pro - LAN IP address changing Reply

Alexander P

Level 1

EW 1800 GX-Pro - LAN IP address changing
691 4 2024-7-10 14:58:46
Original
I wonder if someone can assist - I have ongoing problem with IP address of LAN port changing.
This is causing issues with AP downstream, printer static setup etc.
What is causing this and how do we get it sorted?
Can I lock LAN IP of the router?
Screen grab attached.
Thank you,
Alex
RG-EW1800GX PRO

Mesh-Wi-Fi
0 2024-7-10 15:37:29 Solved View all replies
Hey Alexander,

This issue is normally related to two or more devices on the network sharing the same IP address. If you are manually assigning IP addresses to devices or ports, double check that you are not assigning the same IP twice.

The router would already have a "locked LAN IP" that would be the same for all LAN ports. If you want a unique LAN IP for a specific port, you can use a VLAN.

If you could share details of your setup with the IP address table, assignment and topography that would help anyone else trying to assist you further.

0 2024-7-10 16:15:55 View all replies
Hi Alexander,
Check your WAN IP on the EW 1800 GX-Pro. if your ISP router is giving you a DHCP address of 192.168.113.x to the WAN of your EW 1800 GX-Pro, then the Reyee router will change the LAN address to the next subnet automatically to avoid IP conflict.

0 2024-7-10 16:23:36 View all replies
Hi sir,

May I know your wan port ip address ?

1.If the default LAN IP address of the router conflicts with the IP address of another device on the LAN, you can change the router's LAN IP address to a different address ‌.
2. Change the WAN interface connection type. ‌ Some routers support multiple WAN interface connection types, such as ‌ and ‌ static IP. ‌ You can change the connection type of the WAN interface, ‌ to resolve the IP conflict problem. ‌ For example, ‌ if the current WAN interface uses a dynamic IP connection type, ‌ can try changing it to a static IP connection type

Best regards,
Steve

0 2024-7-11 04:31:11 View all replies
Thanks for quick replies everyone.
It turns out that client had 2 LAN cables from the ONT box connected to our router, one on WAN, other on LAN side.
Clearly, this was causing IP conflict, I have removed cable from LAN side and all is good now.

Related Posts
Product Model

Share this topic to

Cancel

This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Ruijie may provide or recommend responses as a possible solution based on the information provided; every potential issue may involve several factors not detailed in the conversations captured in an electronic forum and Ruijie can therefore provide no guarantee as to the efficacy of any proposed solutions on the community forums. Ruijie disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Ruijie Community Terms of Use.

More ways to get help: Visit Support Videos, call us via Service Hotline, Facebook or Live Chat.

©2000-2023 Ruijie Networks Co,Ltd