Your Email address (optional):

Ruijie rg-wall 1600-z3200-s Not linking to my project Reply

Clint Thebus

Level 1

Ruijie rg-wall 1600-z3200-s Not linking to my project
229 6 2024-8-22 00:14:55
Original
Good Day,
I have an existing project by where i changed out the gateway from a EG210 to a EG305 router and i also added a Ruijie rg-wall 1600-z3200-s firewall.
I setup the EG305 and the firewall on a test project and moved it to the actual project via the cloud. All the devices are showing correctly on the cloud topology, but when i log into the router and go to devices, it does not show the firewall part of the topology but shows it as a new device to add.
When i click on add to my network, it ask for a password, but which i enter the firewall's password and if fails to add the firewall. i get the below.

Then when i go back to the cloud project, the firewall is gone and has created another project with the same name just the word "Auto" at the end.

I have factory defaulted the firewall but with the same results.

Any help will be appreciated.

RG-WALL 1600-S3200

Firewall
0 2024-8-22 07:21:54 View all replies
Dear Clint,
Good day,
So, you’re trying to upload your devices to the cloud, but they are not showing up in the topology?

Best  Regards.

0 2024-8-22 13:20:10 View all replies
GTAC-AnaKarenDuranUrrutia replied at 2024-8-22 07:21
Dear Clint,
Good day,
So, you’re trying to upload your devices to the cloud, but they are not sho ...

Hi,
The device does show in the topology of the cloud. But when i eweb or connect directly to the Reyee EG gateway, i get the above issue. if i look at the topology within the gateway, i can see the firewall showing as a unknown device with not part of SON on the picture.

0 2024-8-23 13:50:44 View all replies
Clint Thebus replied at 2024-8-22 13:20
Hi,
The device does show in the topology of the cloud. But when i eweb or connect directly to the  ...

Hello,

I‘m sorry that we can't provide a specific solution for you based on current information. Can you help to check the following aspects:
What password did you test when you add firewall? If you're trying a firewall password, you can try a cloud project password

If the issue still exists, please talk with me again. I would be glad to help you in Community.

0 2024-8-23 18:32:14 View all replies
GTAC-Micca replied at 2024-8-23 13:50
Hello,

I‘m sorry that we can't provide a specific solution for you based on current information. ...

Hi Micca,
Both the firewall and the project have the same password so that does not work. However, all the Reyee devices (APs and switches) are setup with a static address 192.168.130.x on a VLAN 130 but the firewall has a static address on the default LAN network 192.168.150.x. Also, the Reyee router's DHCP is turned off on the default LAN as the client has a server that gives the DHCP. I'm not sure if the SON has anything to do with the issue.

0 2024-8-26 09:57:14 View all replies
Clint Thebus replied at 2024-8-23 18:32
Hi Micca,
Both the firewall and the project have the same password so that does not work. However, ...

Hi sir,
Sorry for my late reply.
If you want to add firewall to a SON with APs and switches, the IP addresses of the firewall must be on the same network segment.

Best regards,
Steve

0 2024-8-26 13:54:16 View all replies
GTAC-Steve replied at 2024-8-26 09:57
Hi sir,
Sorry for my late reply.
If you want to add firewall to a SON with APs and switches, the  ...

Hi Steve,
The firewall is in transparent mode, which uses the bridge0 to connect. i cant see a way to tab the bridge with a VLAN ID as i have with all the other devices in the SON. All the other device have a static address with a static VLAN tab of 130.

Related Posts
Product Model

Share this topic to

Cancel

This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Ruijie may provide or recommend responses as a possible solution based on the information provided; every potential issue may involve several factors not detailed in the conversations captured in an electronic forum and Ruijie can therefore provide no guarantee as to the efficacy of any proposed solutions on the community forums. Ruijie disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Ruijie Community Terms of Use.

More ways to get help: Visit Support Videos, call us via Service Hotline, Facebook or Live Chat.

©2000-2023 Ruijie Networks Co,Ltd