Your Email address (optional):

DNS Over Https Reply

Andrei Achrat

Level 1

DNS Over Https
316 7 2024-6-5 10:59:45
Original
Hi, Im using RG-EG105G V2
Is it possible to use dns over https on this router?
assigned public dns (8.8.8.8 / 1.1.1.1)  dns in router , but it always override by isp'dns.

Thank You
RG-EG105G V2

Configuration Router
0 2024-6-5 13:20:35 View all replies
Hello Andrei Achrat,

Please check this pocture for configuration

If the issue still exists, please help to  share the screenshot of your current setting and you can talk with me again. I be glad to help you in Community.

0 2024-6-5 13:39:34 View all replies
GTAC-Micca replied at 2024-6-5 13:20
Hello Andrei Achrat,

Please check this pocture for configuration

still same

0 2024-6-5 13:48:12 View all replies

Hello Andrei Achrat,

I'm sorry that we can't provide a specific solution for you based on current information.
Please help to confirm your current problem. Is the DHCP address obtained by the user and the user DNS is from ISP instead of the DNS set on the device?

If yes, please help confirm the following questions:
1. Check whether the user gateway is on the EG
2. Where did you check this DNS? Can you take a screenshot for me?
3. Is there any way to help capture the packet and share it with us for troubleshooting?

0 2024-6-5 14:10:39 View all replies
GTAC-Micca replied at 2024-6-5 13:48
Hello Andrei Achrat,

I'm sorry that we can't provide a specific solution for you based on current ...

Is the DHCP address obtained by the user and the user DNS is from ISP instead of the DNS set on the device?
> User gets ip from EG dhcp but not dns, dns always override by isp'dns
If yes, please help confirm the following questions:
1. Check whether the user gateway is on the EG
> Yes on EG
2. Where did you check this DNS? Can you take a screenshot for me?

3. Is there any way to help capture the packet and share it with us for troubleshooting?

> How to do it?

Is there a plan for EG to be able to use DNS over https? because I previously used another brand and was able to bypass the ISP's DNS using DNS over https.

Thankyou for ur help

0 2024-6-6 20:27:24 View all replies
Andrei Achrat replied at 2024-6-5 14:10
Is the DHCP address obtained by the user and the user DNS is from ISP instead of the DNS set on th ...

So how?
waiting for the replay

0 2024-6-9 08:44:45 View all replies
GTAC-Micca replied at 2024-6-5 13:48
Hello Andrei Achrat,

I'm sorry that we can't provide a specific solution for you based on current ...

He want to set the device with DNS-over-HTTPS (DoH) or better DNS-over-TLS (DoT) protocol, but I think Ruijie doesn't support, is there plan to support this in the future?
Other brand already support DoH and DoT

0 2024-6-9 09:32:58 View all replies
erwin weah replied at 2024-6-9 08:44
He want to set the device with DNS-over-HTTPS (DoH) or better DNS-over-TLS (DoT) protocol, but I t ...

Dear sir

as we checked on our device
we didn't find similar configuration like this
but we will inform your current requirement to the R&D team and check with R&D team whether it can be supported in the furture

best regards,
Ross

Related Posts
Product Model

Share this topic to

Cancel

This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Ruijie may provide or recommend responses as a possible solution based on the information provided; every potential issue may involve several factors not detailed in the conversations captured in an electronic forum and Ruijie can therefore provide no guarantee as to the efficacy of any proposed solutions on the community forums. Ruijie disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Ruijie Community Terms of Use.

More ways to get help: Visit Support Videos, call us via Service Hotline, Facebook or Live Chat.

©2000-2023 Ruijie Networks Co,Ltd