Ruijie Community

Title: AP820-L(V2) VPN [Print this page]

Author: masmith22@veriz    Time: 2023-1-23 10:36
Title: AP820-L(V2) VPN
Is there documentation on configuring the AP as remote AP? I have the site-to-site VPN configured and working.
I would like for devices in the remote office get an IP address from the HQ office network.

Author: yujiamin@ruijie    Time: 2023-1-24 21:43
Dear sir

You can configure IPSec VPN on this page. After the VPN connection established and they can be able to access to the dhcp server that in the remote HQ network. Theoretically,
the user will manage to get ip via dhcp by configuring dhcp relay on the gateway. We may need to get more detailed information about your network topology to send you the corresponding guide.

Best regards
Jenny

Author: masmith22@veriz    Time: 2023-1-25 05:55
GTAC-Jenny replied at 2023-1-24 21:43
Dear sir

You can configure IPSec VPN on this page. After the VPN connection established and they ca ...

Are there examples I can follow? Thanks

Author: yujiamin@ruijie    Time: 2023-1-30 14:48
Mario replied at 2023-1-25 05:55
Are there examples I can follow? Thanks

Dear sir

You can follow these steps to configure IPSec VPN on the Ruijie AP:
Choose Config >  Network > VPN, You can only VPN on 1 Ethernet port. The configuration is as follows: need to fill in the Local IP Address, mask, HQ IP Address, mask, VPN address and the pre-shared key.

Some algorithms can be configured in advanced settings (it is recommended to keep the default configuration).

Best regards
Jenny

Author: masmith22@veriz    Time: 2023-1-31 08:28
Hello Jenny, Please accept my apologies for asking more questions. The AP has to be on the physical branch network. Which SSID will provide the IP address from the VPN subnet?

Thanks,

Author: yujiamin@ruijie    Time: 2023-1-31 12:10
Mario replied at 2023-1-31 08:28
Hello Jenny, Please accept my apologies for asking more questions. The AP has to be on the physical  ...

Dear sir

May I know whether you also configure gateway on the Ruijie AP? You may also need to enable dhcp relay on the gateway so that users can get ip from the DHCP server on the vpn hq network.
If you configure gateway on the Ruijie AP, you can follow this guide to enable dhcp relay on the Ruijie AP:
https://community.ruijienetworks.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=2022

Best regards
Jenny

Welcome to Ruijie Community (https://community.ruijienetworks.com/) Powered by Discuz! X3.2