Ruijie Community

Title: I changed the capwap mtu value, then my ap will go online and offline frequerntly. [Print this page]

Author: Levy    Time: 2018-4-8 17:17
Title: I changed the capwap mtu value, then my ap will go online and offline frequerntly.
Hello, guys
I changed the capwap mtu value, then my ap will go online and offline frequently.
and this is why ?

Author: admin    Time: 2018-4-8 17:24
if the port mtu value of one device in the capwap path which is less than 1500, it will cause ap to go online and offline frequently. (ap will go offline after 1-5 minutes, and then go online again. the cause is the packet retransmission overtime, and ac cannot distribute configuration to ap)

because the control packet of capwap cannot be sliced by default, and it will be transmitted with 1500 mtu value, if the control packets are drroped, it will retransmit, if the retransmission times are more than the maximum value, the capwap tunnel will be broken off.

at this time, we need to input a hidden command in AC: [size=0.875]capwap ctrl-mtu xxxx . reduce the mtu value of capwap packet.

reproduction:
modify the mtu value,(maybe we ned to kick ap out, and let it go online again then we can see the circumstance)

Welcome to Ruijie Community (https://community.ruijienetworks.com/) Powered by Discuz! X3.2