Ruijie Community

Title: Mesh solution using outdoor Reyee AP RAP6262G for 4 hops [Print this page]

Author: Ibrahim@ruijie.    Time: 2023-10-9 19:53
Title: Mesh solution using outdoor Reyee AP RAP6262G for 4 hops

one project tp connect IP camera through wireless, mainly it's a road with 1.8 KM, so my suggestions to put main cabinet in the middle then 4 poles in each side in two parts, distance between poles max is 200 m some distance between is 150 or less.
I recommended first PTP/ PTMP products, but SI are not allowed to deploy in my region, I recommend for him RAP6262G to use it to connect camera by mesh with max 3 hopes,

my questions,1- is it ok to use it for 4 hops counts from the main AP?
2-max distance between poles is 200 m, will the solution be stable or having disconnection issues?

Author: yangyue1@ruijie    Time: 2023-10-9 20:45
Hello, may I know what do you mean by hops? in MESH network, all the slave ap should be connected to the main one directly by mesh.

Author: Ibrahim@ruijie.    Time: 2023-10-9 21:10
GTAC-Stella replied at 2023-10-9 20:45
Hello, may I know what do you mean by hops? in MESH network, all the slave ap should be connected to ...

Hi,

I mean for hops that if each Ap give data to the neighbored one, for example we have 5 AP like below topology:-

AP1--- 1ST HOP---- AP2-------2ND HOP------AP3-------3rd HOP-----AP4

Author: yangyue1@ruijie    Time: 2023-10-10 10:10
Ibrahim replied at 2023-10-9 21:10
Hi,

I mean for hops that if each Ap give data to the neighbored one, for example we have 5 AP lik ...

Hello,
The MESH can support a maximum of 3 hops, and this is not recommended because the second and the third hop AP signal will decline gradually and it will become weak for the far end.
You could try to instlall the APs by testing the signal strengh for no less than -60dbm at the edge of each AP.

Welcome to Ruijie Community (https://community.ruijienetworks.com/) Powered by Discuz! X3.2