Your Email address (optional):

AP join failed reason by conflict Reply

fatoni@uii.net.

Level 1

AP join failed reason by conflict
3284 2 2020-3-19 18:51:55
Original
dear all,

We deployed AC and AP in separate location, lets say AC in location A, and the AP in location B.
So both AC and AP is behind a NAT Router.
We acomplished so AP can join to AC and the capwap tunnel works normally, here is the status of capwap tunnel :
XXXXXX#show capwap detail
CAPWAP process "capwap 1" with state [ Run ]
Process uptime is 0 days 0 hours 56 minutes 4 seconds

We set the AP to goes to group-ap lets say GROUP-A. It's works perfect.

But suddeny when AP goes down ( let say electrical failure ) and then comes up the AP goes to DEFAULT ap group, not in GROUP-A.
in the AC we saw this :
Ruijie-AC#show ap-config summary deny-ap
Deny ap num: 22
Mac Address    AP Name                                  Reason            Timestamp
-------------- ---------------------------------------- ----------------- --------------------
XXXX.XXXX.337b XXXX.XXXX.337bsaridoorlurejo.cef0        By conflict       2020-03-19 16:49:14

I had google about it and I found that :
By conflict             //Indicates that the AP name conflicts with the MAC name.It is because the AP name has already existed on the AC or other APs of thisMAC are online or configured.

I still dont know what thats the meaning, can some body elaborate more about that.

best regard, thank you very much.
sorry for bad english

0 2020-3-20 11:12:45 View all replies
Hi sir,

Please try to remove the previous AP information on GROUP-A first,
After it be online, move it  back to group-A

best regards
GTAC

0 2020-4-3 11:36:11 View all replies
Hi sir,
Thank you for your reply.

On my team check, we found that the AP going in to Default group, and there are no AP (neither status is offline or online AP) in the GROUP-A.

And yes we move back the AP from Default group to GROUP-A again, and its running up.

we still dont know the reason and how to prevent this event again.
we hope it doesnt happen again.

Releated Posts
Product Model

Share this topic to

Cancel

This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Ruijie may provide or recommend responses as a possible solution based on the information provided; every potential issue may involve several factors not detailed in the conversations captured in an electronic forum and Ruijie can therefore provide no guarantee as to the efficacy of any proposed solutions on the community forums. Ruijie disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Ruijie Community Terms of Use.

More ways to get help: Visit Support Videos, call us via Service Hotline, Facebook or Live Chat.

©2000-2023 Ruijie Networks Co,Ltd