Step 4: Log in AP to check

AP-820-L(V3)

Wireless
0 2022-11-6 10:35:20 View all replies
it's mean if we have 100 APs must create 100 groups, lol

0 2023-10-21 19:29:57 View all replies
it srwj replied at 2022-11-6 10:35
it's mean if we have 100 APs must create 100 groups, lol

yes. this looks like bad.. this not comfortambe..

0 2024-1-8 21:15:43 View all replies
Hello.
I'm not finding these options on the RAP2260.
I would like to create groups of SSIDs and apply them to different APs. It's possible?

0 2024-1-8 21:21:45 View all replies
Sergio  Neves replied at 2024-1-8 21:15
Hello.
I'm not finding these options on the RAP2260.
I would like to create groups of SSIDs and appl ...

May you take the screenshot of your current web interface please?

0 2024-1-8 23:30:18 View all replies
GTAC-Micca replied at 2024-1-8 21:21
May you take the screenshot of your current web interface please?

I found it here.
It didn't appear because I was using the apartments function (which I found very interesting, due to the fact that it already created a network that identifies that AP). But the group options only appeared after I disabled the apartments network (is it really not possible to use both things at the same time?)
And another thing; I created the groups, but I can't, for example, insert an AP into more than one group at the same time?

0 2024-1-9 13:29:22 View all replies
Sergio  Neves replied at 2024-1-8 23:30
I found it here.
It didn't appear because I was using the apartments function (which I found very  ...

Because the functions of the two are actually the same, both allow the device to release different SSIDs.

You can not  insert an AP into more than one group at the same time. If you need APs that can release the same SSID and can release different SSIDs at the same time, you can add APs to the cloud for management and configure subprojects (device groups).

0 2024-1-9 21:10:02 View all replies
GTAC-Micca replied at 2024-1-9 13:29
Because the functions of the two are actually the same, both allow the device to release different ...

My need would be the following:
All APs are on the same network and have a default SSID (with the company name) but I would like to have a departmental SSID.
Example:
AP1 - SSID_COMPANY_NAME
AP1 - SSID_accounting
AP2 - SSID_COMPANY_NAME
AP2 - SSID_human resource
And so on.
And I also found the Apartment SSID option (with the name of the AP) very interesting. This would make it easier to identify an AP in a location where there are several APs and signals can disrupt this individual access. But if this is not possible, it would be enough to create a specific SSID (of course, the Apartment function is much more practical, because it ends up creating everything itself).
I have 45 2260 APs to install and it would be interesting if these options could be applied. I'm already configuring everything in the cloud.
I tried to do what you said, but I don't think I understood it very well.
I thought I could add the same AP to different projects (which would mean I could create the sectoral SSID), but I don't think that's possible either.
If I create the SSID, it automatically configures it on all APs and that's not what I want.

0 2024-1-9 22:44:17 View all replies
Sergio  Neves replied at 2024-1-9 21:10
My need would be the following:
All APs are on the same network and have a default SSID (with the  ...
I'm sorry I misunderstood you earlier. Here are two options for your reference:
Option 1:
All AP broadcast same SSID, like COMPANY_NAME
But AP1 and AP2 will broadcast a different SSID at the same time, like this:
AP1: Ruijie-accounting
AP2: Ruijie-human resource

You only need to add AP on same main project, and create a normal SSID + an apartment SSID

Option 2:
All AP broadcast same SSID, like this: COMPANY_NAME
But AP1 and AP2 will broadcast a different SSID at the same time, like this:
AP1: accounting
AP2: human resource
1. Create sub-project(device group)

2. Move AP to sub-project(device group). please note all AP on same sub-project will broadcast same SSID setting. Different sub-project will broadcast different SSIDs.

3. Create SSID on sub-project(device group) for a specific AP

Create 2 SSIDs in the sub project:
COMPANY_NAME (This SSID should be created on all sub project)
accounting (This SSID should be
created specifically for this AP)
note: If you need, you can also create apartment wifi on this sub-project. it only deliver to the AP under this sub-project.

0 2024-1-9 23:45:18 View all replies
GTAC-Micca replied at 2024-1-9 22:44
I'm sorry I misunderstood you earlier. Here are two options for your reference:
Option 1:
All AP b ...

Now I understand!
I already applied it here and it was perfect. =D
Thanks!!!

0 2024-1-10 15:23:32 View all replies
Sergio  Neves replied at 2024-1-9 23:45
Now I understand!
I already applied it here and it was perfect. =D
Thanks!!!

can you elaborate the deployment you made because I also need same requirements as yours.

the Scenario is like this.

1. Management IP (VLAN X) : all ap connecting to the cloud must have the same subnet X.X.X.X
2. COMMON SSID ( VLAN A): All AP must broadcast same Centralize SSID on subnet A.A.A.A
3. Per department SSID *optional*: Some APs must have unique SSID for their department. each department must have separated vlan and network with each other. (B.B.B.B, C.C.C.C, D.D.D.D)
4. DHCP pools of this subnets was on external FW.
What i have:
- Multiple AP820-L(V3)
- not ruijie switches and FW.

0 2024-1-11 00:13:31 View all replies
ROANN replied at 2024-1-10 15:23
can you elaborate the deployment you made because I also need same requirements as yours.

the Sce ...

Hello ROANN.

Sorry, but your scenario is much more complex than mine.
I suggest that you wait for someone more experienced to provide these instructions, like GTAC-Micca himself.

0 2024-2-11 22:35:42 View all replies
Dear I did all the steps but on-site the SSIDs I creat for each group don't appear

0 2024-2-12 12:49:29 View all replies
Nssr Nassrallah replied at 2024-2-11 22:35
Dear I did all the steps but on-site the SSIDs I creat for each group don't appear

Dear Nssr Nassrallah,

If you are facing issues with configuring different SSID for different APs, please reach out to RITA live chat (www.ruijienetworks.com/rita) and we can check this issue for you.

Best regards,
Jayden

Releated Posts
Product Model

Share this topic to

Cancel

This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Ruijie may provide or recommend responses as a possible solution based on the information provided; every potential issue may involve several factors not detailed in the conversations captured in an electronic forum and Ruijie can therefore provide no guarantee as to the efficacy of any proposed solutions on the community forums. Ruijie disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Ruijie Community Terms of Use.

More ways to get help: Visit Support Videos, call us via Service Hotline, Facebook or Live Chat.

©2000-2023 Ruijie Networks Co,Ltd