Your Email address (optional):

I subscribe internet is 800mbps, my Wifi unable to provide me the 800mbps Reply

Andrew

Level 1

I subscribe internet is 800mbps, my Wifi unable to provide me the 800mbps
3030 1 2022-3-18 11:43:08
Original
Edited by hee.mun@callnovo.net at 2022-3-18 11:47

First at all, you have to be ensure your device are support Wifi 802.11AC Wifi5 or AX Wifi6, and your router is 802.11AC or AX capability.
for ISP lower then 500mbps 802.11AC or Wifi5 is recommand, for ISP grather then 500mbps 802.11AX or Wifi6 is recommanded.
in the meantime, you have to ensure that you are connecting to your 5Ghz instead of 2.4Ghz wireless channel.

The two big differences between these upending internet technologies, 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz Wifi connections are - speed and range.

A wireless transmission at 2.4 GHz provides internet to a larger area but sacrifices the fast internet speed, while 5 GHz provides faster speeds but restricts itself to a smaller area

2.4 GHz -
The 2.4 GHz frequency of the wifi router offers the wifi user a wide coverage area and is better at penetrating solid objects with a maximum speed of 150 Mbps.

On the other hand, it has a lower data range and is highly prone to interference and disturbance.

5 GHz
The 5 GHz frequency facilitates the customer with a higher data range with negligible interference and offers a great deal when it comes to the internet speeds for wifi for home.

Contrary to this benefit, it has a narrow coverage area and is not a successful band when it comes to penetrating solid objects.

Channel Width
Channel width dictates the amount of bandwidth used within the radio spectrum during transmission. Using more bandwidth can lead to faster speeds, but also increases the chances that you’ll be interfered with by someone else also using the same area of the radio spectrum. WiFi bandwidth is measured in megahertz (MHz). The minimum channel width needed is 20 MHz. 40 MHz and 80 MHz channel width are also supported on some devices.

in most of the circumstances is because user did not properlly configure the channel width, below is the guide to change the channel width to 80mhz inorder to receive the ideal of connection speed.

0 2022-3-18 12:41:22 View all replies
Slow internet speeds can be caused by a number of things. Your router could be outdated or it could be too far away from your TV or computer, for example. Those fixes may be as easy as restarting your modem and router or upgrading to a mesh network. But another reason for your slow Wi-Fi could be bandwidth throttling.

STEP 1
First, troubleshoot your slow internet connection
Connect your complter or laptop via cable connection VS Wifi connection

STEP 2
Test your internet speed
Test your computer internet speed and test again from your Wifi connection (it will be best if test on same laptop)

STEP 3
Fix your Wireless setting
check your wifi connection

STEP 4
configure your Wifi setting
access into your wifi router and perform the configuration check

Related Posts
Product Model

Share this topic to

Cancel

This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Ruijie may provide or recommend responses as a possible solution based on the information provided; every potential issue may involve several factors not detailed in the conversations captured in an electronic forum and Ruijie can therefore provide no guarantee as to the efficacy of any proposed solutions on the community forums. Ruijie disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Ruijie Community Terms of Use.

More ways to get help: Visit Support Videos, call us via Service Hotline, Facebook or Live Chat.

©2000-2023 Ruijie Networks Co,Ltd