Your Feedback

Your Email address (optional):

EG3230 - NBS3200 Reply

Mario

Level 1

EG3230 - NBS3200
2771 8 2022-3-25 00:55:05
Original
I connected the NBS switch to the EG3230 gateway. I can not get the switch to use Vlan1 from the gateway. I configured the mgmt IP on the switch with an IP from VLAN 1 from the gateway. I can not figure out were the 10.44.77.200 IP address or the the IP range for Vlan1 is configured on the switch. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 2022-3-25 21:37:49 View all replies
I am back to the beginning, reset both the gateway and switch. I am able to connect the gateway to the Internet. I do like to use the default IPs 192.168.1.1 but this time I left as the default. The cloud app on the cell phone did recognize the QR code on the gateway, entered using the serial number. I scan the QR code on the switch no issue. Configured the sub-interfaces on port 8 on the gateway. Do I need to assign a IP to the physical port 8? Then assign 10.44.77.201 on my laptop, connected to the switch, configured SFP Port 27 on the switch as a trunk, setup the Vlan IDs on the switch to match the gateway. I would the switch to use an IP from Vlan 1 from the gateway as the management IP. I assigned Vlan to a port on the switch, it works but the management IP is not working and the Cloud is still showing the switch offline. The big issue the fans are loud. I disabled POE on the majority of the ports. The must be a way to reduce the fan speed. The are no distributors in the US, I am left with working late night with Ruijie support late nights. The replaced all my Ubquiti Unifi gear in my apartment and house with Ruijie. So far, I like the local dashboard on the Gateways for a glance at the network. Is there a way to add the switches the same view? I am not a fan of the Cloud dashboard. I was used the Unifi Controller Dashboard. So far, the Ruijie gear appears to be better hardware. Ruijie need to add passive cooling to the gear. Will need add sound masking to the walls in my office closet to absorb the fan noise.

0 2022-3-29 16:46:56 View all replies
masmith22@veriz replied at 2022-3-25 21:37
I am back to the beginning, reset both the gateway and switch. I am able to connect the gateway to t ...

After reset the eg and switch, they will have the default vlan 1. And EG has the default 192.168.1.x segment dhcp pool, so switch connect to EG will get the vlan 1 ip address.

0 2022-3-29 16:48:59 View all replies
I am back to the beginning, reset both the gateway and switch. I am able to connect the gateway to t ...

then you can set laptop ip address as 192.168.1.x to login these two devices. you can refer to this post to troubleshoot device cant online issue. https://community.ruijienetworks ... 11&fromuid=7364

0 2022-3-29 16:53:24 View all replies

what's the exact model of this switch? NBS switches don't support change the power of fan or shutdown it. Whether this switch has any abnormal noise? you can send it to ASP for checking

0 2022-4-6 10:43:25 View all replies
GTAC-Wayne replied at 2022-3-29 16:53
what's the exact model of this switch? NBS switches don't support change the power of fan or shutd ...

I will need to get a sound meter to get a reading from the NBS3200 POE switches and the EG3230. The fans do not idle down after boot. Turning off POE does not help. I am researching on sound masking my open rack and adding sound masking to the closet door.

0 2022-4-9 00:52:19 View all replies
masmith22@veriz replied at 2022-4-6 10:43
I will need to get a sound meter to get a reading from the NBS3200 POE switches and the EG3230. Th ...

The Ruijie Gateway EG3200 (1) and Reyee switch RG-NBS3200-24GT4XS-P (2) are in a open rack. With the noise level, see below. I need to move the rack into a closet in a close rack to reduce the noise level.

0 2022-5-16 10:31:35 View all replies
Mario replied at 2022-4-6 10:43
I will need to get a sound meter to get a reading from the NBS3200 POE switches and the EG3230. Th ...

Sorry for not reply timely, how may i know the status of this EG and switch now? did you try send them to the ASP to check whether it was hardware failure or not?

0 2022-7-28 06:41:06 View all replies
GTAC-Wayne replied at 2022-5-16 10:31
Sorry for not reply timely, how may i know the status of this EG and switch now? did you try send  ...

Hello, I am located in the USA. I place the equipment a closet.

Releated Posts
Product Model

Share this topic to

Cancel

This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Ruijie may provide or recommend responses as a possible solution based on the information provided; every potential issue may involve several factors not detailed in the conversations captured in an electronic forum and Ruijie can therefore provide no guarantee as to the efficacy of any proposed solutions on the community forums. Ruijie disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Ruijie Community Terms of Use.

More ways to get help: Visit Support Videos, call us via Service Hotline, Facebook or Live Chat.

©2000-2023 Ruijie Networks Co,Ltd