Your Feedback

Your Email address (optional):

can the reset button be disabled Reply

Adaan Haupt

Level 1

can the reset button be disabled
3512 14 2022-7-8 04:00:46
Original
We are a WISP in South Africa, I am testing out some of your indoor Ap's.
Remote Management of client Access Points or routers is our main concern
Currently we use the Ubiquity AirCube ISP, and are looking to change to another indoor Ap, that can be managed remotely.
We found that clients were resetting there units all the time.
By disabling this function threw the cloud, saved us on call outs.

Can the reset button on the back of the indoor Ap's / Access points be disabled.

Ruijie Cloud

Wireless Mesh Wi-Fi Cloud
0 2022-7-8 10:59:25 View all replies
Hi sir, the physical reset button of device cant be disabled, because it's a very convenient way for customer to restore the device to default settings, sorry for that.

Or is your question that how to prevent user reboot device on Cloud?

welcome to re-contact us

Best regards

0 2022-7-11 17:58:44 View all replies
GTAC-Wayne replied at 2022-7-8 10:59
Hi sir, the physical reset button of device cant be disabled, because it's a very convenient way for ...

I have the same question. Or is your question that how to prevent user reboot device on Cloud?

octordle

0 2022-7-18 10:27:55 View all replies
carlhammond hammond replied at 2022-7-11 17:58
I have the same question. Or is your question that how to prevent user reboot device on Cloud?

o ...

When you share the project on Cloud, please select the 'Read-only' permission, so that users cant not reboot device.

0 2022-7-29 04:22:16 View all replies
the reset button is there for a reason. The last thing you want is, you really want to reset the AP but it doesn't work, then it become a brick!
What you can do is to seal up the reset pole and pick a area that CCTV can view the AP. So with the log, you will know who is the one doing it. Then contact the person not to do it anymore.

0 2022-7-29 16:15:29 View all replies
The Wi-Fi Hero replied at 2022-7-29 04:22
the reset button is there for a reason. The last thing you want is, you really want to reset the AP  ...

So we suggest to prevent unrelated people from resetting the device, like install the AP on some higher place.

0 2022-11-24 00:05:10 View all replies
Hi sir, the physical reset button of device cant be disabled, because it's a very convenient way for ...

If I was looking at it from an end users perspective i suppose the reset button is good.
But from an ISP point of view, we manage our clients routers remotely, having this reset button working to reset the unit, is just going to cost us time and money, sending our staff to go to the end users house and reconfigure the unit.

0 2022-11-24 00:05:36 View all replies

If I was looking at it from an end users perspective i suppose the reset button is good.
But from an ISP point of view, we manage our clients routers remotely, having this reset button working to reset the unit, is just going to cost us time and money, sending our staff to go to the end users house and reconfigure the unit.

0 2022-11-24 00:06:53 View all replies
carlhammond hammond replied at 2022-7-11 17:58

o ...

Rebooting / restarting the unit is not a problem, they just unplug the power, but when they keep the reset button in, the unit is reset and we are requested to go to site and reconfigure it.

0 2022-11-24 00:08:42 View all replies
GTAC-Wayne replied at 2022-7-18 10:27
When you share the project on Cloud, please select the 'Read-only' permission, so that users cant  ...

We have about 1 200 routers at end users homes and offices. All of them are managed by the ISP, we do not give end users access to the routers config at all. We just found that they reset them and or configure them incorrectly and end up blaming the ISP.

0 2022-11-24 00:21:10 View all replies
GTAC-Wayne replied at 2022-7-29 16:15
So we suggest to prevent unrelated people from resetting the device, like install the AP on some h ...

This is not practical from an Internet Service providers point of view.,

0 2023-10-13 20:11:59 View all replies
This is quite an issue for us as well. Also located in South Africa. We use the RG-EW1200 series Home Routers for our clients. We have to spend money on stickers etc to tell people not to reset their routers, then 5 minutes after they receive their routers we get a call and the router has been factory reset. Since we have a national footprint, it's impossible to do callouts to those clients so we end up spending more than an hour in some cases talkin the client through the setup. It will really save us a lot of effort if we were able to disable the reset button.

0 2023-10-13 20:40:36 View all replies
Lionel Redelinghuys replied at 2023-10-13 20:11
This is quite an issue for us as well. Also located in South Africa. We use the RG-EW1200 series Hom ...

Dear sir

We have received your request. This request will be evaluated by our r&d team. If there are any updates about this request, I will feedback it to you. Thank you for your suggestion.

Best regards
Jenny

0 2024-1-25 22:16:35 View all replies
There are many ISPs that require this functionality. Remember that we are your customers here, not the end user. Your units default to DHCP. Once reset and in instances where PPPOE is needed to connect to the ISP network, a reset by the user renders the router inaccessible to the ISP which means costs to fix this that are often higher than the cost of the router.
So an option to disable the reset button would be great. If not then you have to try and see how you can allow us to flash a default PPPOE account that will not be erased if the reset button is pressed.
Thanks for a good product.

0 2024-2-12 12:17:47 View all replies
GTAC-Jenny replied at 2023-10-13 20:40
Dear sir

We have received your request. This request will be evaluated by our r&d team. If there  ...

other brand has feature to disable reset button using cli.
I hope Ruijie has that feature too
(host) [mynode] (config) #ap system-profile sample
(host) [mynode] (AP system profile "sample") #disable-factory-reset

Releated Posts
Product Model

Share this topic to

Cancel

This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Ruijie may provide or recommend responses as a possible solution based on the information provided; every potential issue may involve several factors not detailed in the conversations captured in an electronic forum and Ruijie can therefore provide no guarantee as to the efficacy of any proposed solutions on the community forums. Ruijie disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Ruijie Community Terms of Use.

More ways to get help: Visit Support Videos, call us via Service Hotline, Facebook or Live Chat.

©2000-2023 Ruijie Networks Co,Ltd