Your Feedback

Your Email address (optional):

EW3200GX-PRO not updating DHCP provided WAN IP Reply

Bradoc

Level 1

EW3200GX-PRO not updating DHCP provided WAN IP
1850 8 2022-12-19 17:18:39
Original
Hello. I am experiencing a problem where a EW3200GX-PRO router will not update the DHCP IP after the Internet Service Provider has done its fibre line activation procedure.
The ISP will provide a WAN DHCP IP when the fibre line has been installed.
You then go to the ISP activation page to enter a specific code and then you get a new WAN DHCP IP.

The Ruijie router will not update to the new WAN DHCP IP after activation. What is causing this?
RG-EW3200GX PRO

Mesh Wi-Fi
0 2022-12-19 20:03:32 View all replies
May I know have you tried reset?

BTW, can other routers obtain new WAN DHCP IP
normally?

0 2022-12-20 13:45:45 View all replies
Micca replied at 2022-12-19 20:03
May I know have you tried reset?

BTW, can other routers obtain new WAN DHCP IP

Yes I have tried a router reset, I have also asked the fibre ISP to reset any MAC address association on their end.

Other routers work as expected, you connect the other router > set WAN to DHCP > goto the ISP activation site > enter OTP code > use their fibre internet.

It is like there is DHCP guarding/snooping on the WAN port, not allowing the new DHCP server to provide the new WAN IP.

Just FYI, this same problem occurs at another client 30km away, using a "EG105G-P" with the same ISP/Fibre provider.

0 2022-12-21 20:13:28 View all replies
Bradoc replied at 2022-12-20 13:45
Yes I have tried a router reset, I have also asked the fibre ISP to reset any MAC address associat ...

May you please try to connect EW to ISP directly to check whether EW can get new IP address from ISP?
If yes, you can try to modify EW's mac address to be similar to the PC's

0 2022-12-21 22:13:45 View all replies
Micca replied at 2022-12-21 20:13
May you please try to connect EW to ISP directly to check whether EW can get new IP address from I ...

Hello. I am not sure what you mean.

The EW router is always directly connected to the ISP.

Which PC's MAC address should use?

Should I rather try to use the MAC address of one of the other routers that do work, like Ubiquiti, Asus, D-Link, Tenda or TP-Link, etc.? Or maybe the Cudy router that is currently working there?

0 2022-12-22 11:46:24 View all replies
Bradoc replied at 2022-12-21 22:13
Hello. I am not sure what you mean.

"Other routers work as expected" -- Are the other routers means EW? Or a router from another manufacturer?

"Should I rather try to use the MAC address of one of the other routers that do work" -- You can, as I mentioned before, change the MAC address to similar
like that, and try to see if EW can get the new address.

0 2022-12-22 14:34:08 View all replies
Micca replied at 2022-12-22 11:46
"Other routers work as expected" -- Are the other routers means EW? Or a router from another manuf ...

Routers from other manufacturers work as expected.

Ok. I will try the MAC address from Cudy router that is currently there and working

0 2022-12-26 15:59:36 View all replies
Bradoc replied at 2022-12-22 14:34
Routers from other manufacturers work as expected.

Ok. I will try the MAC address from Cudy route ...

Can I know any test progress now? Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.

0 2022-12-28 14:12:55 View all replies
Micca replied at 2022-12-26 15:59
Can I know any test progress now? Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.

Hello. I have not been back to the site yet as it is festive time here and people are on holiday.

I will update you as soon as I am able to get to site and test

Releated Posts
Product Model

Share this topic to

Cancel

This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Ruijie may provide or recommend responses as a possible solution based on the information provided; every potential issue may involve several factors not detailed in the conversations captured in an electronic forum and Ruijie can therefore provide no guarantee as to the efficacy of any proposed solutions on the community forums. Ruijie disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Ruijie Community Terms of Use.

More ways to get help: Visit Support Videos, call us via Service Hotline, Facebook or Live Chat.

©2000-2023 Ruijie Networks Co,Ltd