Your Feedback

Your Email address (optional):

AP820-L(V2) VPN Reply

Mario

Level 1

AP820-L(V2) VPN
1721 5 2023-1-23 10:36:38
Original
Is there documentation on configuring the AP as remote AP? I have the site-to-site VPN configured and working.
I would like for devices in the remote office get an IP address from the HQ office network.

RG-AP820-L(V2)

VPN Wireless
0 2023-1-24 21:43:55 View all replies
Dear sir

You can configure IPSec VPN on this page. After the VPN connection established and they can be able to access to the dhcp server that in the remote HQ network. Theoretically,
the user will manage to get ip via dhcp by configuring dhcp relay on the gateway. We may need to get more detailed information about your network topology to send you the corresponding guide.

Best regards
Jenny

0 2023-1-25 05:55:24 View all replies
GTAC-Jenny replied at 2023-1-24 21:43
Dear sir

You can configure IPSec VPN on this page. After the VPN connection established and they ca ...

Are there examples I can follow? Thanks

0 2023-1-30 14:48:30 View all replies
Mario replied at 2023-1-25 05:55
Are there examples I can follow? Thanks

Dear sir

You can follow these steps to configure IPSec VPN on the Ruijie AP:
Choose Config >  Network > VPN, You can only VPN on 1 Ethernet port. The configuration is as follows: need to fill in the Local IP Address, mask, HQ IP Address, mask, VPN address and the pre-shared key.

Some algorithms can be configured in advanced settings (it is recommended to keep the default configuration).

Best regards
Jenny

0 2023-1-31 08:28:39 View all replies
Hello Jenny, Please accept my apologies for asking more questions. The AP has to be on the physical branch network. Which SSID will provide the IP address from the VPN subnet?

Thanks,

0 2023-1-31 12:10:59 View all replies
Mario replied at 2023-1-31 08:28
Hello Jenny, Please accept my apologies for asking more questions. The AP has to be on the physical  ...

Dear sir

May I know whether you also configure gateway on the Ruijie AP? You may also need to enable dhcp relay on the gateway so that users can get ip from the DHCP server on the vpn hq network.
If you configure gateway on the Ruijie AP, you can follow this guide to enable dhcp relay on the Ruijie AP:
https://community.ruijienetworks.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=2022

Best regards
Jenny

Releated Posts
Product Model

Share this topic to

Cancel

This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Ruijie may provide or recommend responses as a possible solution based on the information provided; every potential issue may involve several factors not detailed in the conversations captured in an electronic forum and Ruijie can therefore provide no guarantee as to the efficacy of any proposed solutions on the community forums. Ruijie disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Ruijie Community Terms of Use.

More ways to get help: Visit Support Videos, call us via Service Hotline, Facebook or Live Chat.

©2000-2023 Ruijie Networks Co,Ltd