Your Feedback

Your Email address (optional):

Ruijie AC Create local user Reply

dursun@baskent.edu.tr

Level 1

Ruijie AC Create local user
1753 7 2023-2-27 21:57:58
Original
Hi, We use AC WS6816 device in Ruiji in our campus. We want to open local accounts on AC for our guest users and give internet access permission. We have a Radius server, but we want to open local accounts on AC and do this. We are authenticating through the radius server from the Authentication -web auth-iportal authentication screen. But it doesn't work when we open a local user from the same place.
RG-WS6816

Authentication Wireless
0 2023-2-28 10:49:40 View all replies
Dear Sir,

you can follow this link to check whether any configuration is omitted during web authentication

in page 94 and page

https://www.ruijienetworks.com/resources/preview/75258?t=638131776384296875

If you still can't solve this problem, could you please provide some error information or screenshots in the authentication

Best regards,

Ross

0 2023-2-28 15:34:30 View all replies
Edited by dursun@baskent.edu.tr at 2023-2-28 15:50

GTAC-Ross replied at 2023-2-28 10:49
Dear Sir,

you can follow this link to check whether any configuration is omitted during web authent ...
I read this document but no solution. I am sharing the screenshot. On this screen, we can connect to the radius server by making web authentication. When we open a local user on the same page, we cannot access it. We cannot access when we define a user in the local user management section. I want to use the same portal page for local user and radius user.

0 2023-2-28 17:04:05 View all replies
dursun@baskent.edu.tr replied at 2023-2-28 15:34
GTAC-Ross replied at 2023-2-28 10:49
Dear Sir,

Dear Sir,

According to this situation, have you upgraded the version of the device to the latest version.
What happens when the authentication fails?
Can only users on the radius server access the authentication page?While Local users cannot log in to the authentication page?
Can I see a screenshot of the authentication failure or something?

Best regards,
Ross

0 2023-2-28 20:34:26 View all replies

I updated the device to the latest version. radius server users can access. My main goal is to provide access to the guest users from the web auth page, by opening a user locally. For example, I can do this by opening a locat net user user on another cisco controller.

0 2023-3-1 15:56:23 View all replies
dursun@baskent.edu.tr replied at 2023-2-28 20:34
I updated the device to the latest version. radius server users can access. My main goal is to pro ...

Dear Sir,
Sorry for the later reply,
Do you mean that you want to open a separate authentication interface for local users?

If so,t
he AC does not support separateauthentication for server authentication users and local users. In order tosatisfy this requirement, you can only use another SSID to configure a separateauthentication interface for local users

Best regards,
Ross

0 2023-3-1 21:20:48 View all replies
GTAC-Ross replied at 2023-3-1 15:56
Dear Sir,
Sorry for the later reply,
Do you mean that you want to open a separate authentication i ...

I am obliged to use the baskent wifi connection for radius users in iportal. If I open another publication and define a local user, will the baskent broadcast be canceled in this portal? Can I use two different broadcasts for two web auths in iportal?

0 2023-3-2 10:44:57 View all replies
dursun@baskent.edu.tr replied at 2023-3-1 21:20
I am obliged to use the baskent wifi connection for radius users in iportal. If I open another pub ...

Dear sir,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. After checking, iportal on AC can only set one basknet authentication function, and cannot set authentication function independently for local users and radius users

Best regards,

Ross

Releated Posts
Product Model

Share this topic to

Cancel

This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Ruijie may provide or recommend responses as a possible solution based on the information provided; every potential issue may involve several factors not detailed in the conversations captured in an electronic forum and Ruijie can therefore provide no guarantee as to the efficacy of any proposed solutions on the community forums. Ruijie disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Ruijie Community Terms of Use.

More ways to get help: Visit Support Videos, call us via Service Hotline, Facebook or Live Chat.

©2000-2023 Ruijie Networks Co,Ltd