Forgot password?
 Register now

Welcome to use this form to feedback your problems with Ruijie Community

The category of your feedback

Your Feedback

Your Email address (optional):

I can't connect to my raspberry pi after update the software to the latest version? Reply

Raihan Hadipriono

Level 1

I can't connect to my raspberry pi after update the software to the latest version?
1946 11 2023-4-7 11:01:17
Original
Edited by tuan2tech at 2023-4-7 11:05

Hi everyone!
I have a raspberry pi connecting after the router. Before yesterday, I can connect to it through ipv6 address by running ssh <username>@<addr>. Yesterday, the router said you can update software. I think updating can have no trouble, so I just update it.
However, after update the software I run ssh <username>@<ipv4 addr>, it still works, but I run ssh <username>@<ipv6 addr>, it said "Connection refused
". I'm very sure I have public ipv6 address with my raspberry pi since I can connect to it before update the software. In my opinion, I think the software has some bugs or I don't have right configuration. Can anyone help me? thanks!

The current OS version is Reyee OS 1.203.1521.
I don't know what "your model" means, so I randomly pick one.
RG-EG105G

Router
0 2023-4-10 11:16:45 View all replies
'Your mode' means your product model, you can find it on your sticker of your product backside.

0 2023-4-10 11:31:09 View all replies
Dear sir,

May I know your network topolgoy or could you share the network with me?

Best Regards,
Ross

0 2023-4-10 20:46:04 View all replies
Edited by Raihan Hadipriono at 2023-4-10 20:53

GTAC-Ross replied at 2023-4-10 11:31
Dear sir,

May I know your network topolgoy or could you share the network with me?
Hi, Sophia and Ross,
Thanks for your reply!
I have checked that my router is EW1200G-PRO. Sorry for picking wrong model before.
My network topology remains as follows:
<1.public network> -------<2.Modem>-----Ethernet------(WAN)<3.EW1200G-PRO router>(LAN)--------Ethernet-------<4.Raspberry Pi>
Before update, hosts at 1. can connect to Raspberry Pi 4. by SSH protocol using both IPv4 and IPv6. After update, SSH on IPv4 still works, but SSH on IPv6 says "connection refused" while connection.
I tried much different place in public network, but all of them have same result. I ran 'netstat -nlp' on Raspberry Pi, it proved that sshd on IPv6 is listening the right port.  
I just think there exists something wrong about the router, because the only thing I do change is update the router software.

0 2023-4-11 12:54:07 View all replies
Raihan Hadipriono replied at 2023-4-10 20:46
GTAC-Ross replied at 2023-4-10 11:31
Dear sir,

Dear sir,

1.could you provide these information,and whether the devicesobtained  the ipv6 ip address?

2.could you check if  the termaiIif ipv6 enabled on the terminal

3.If none of the above steps work, reset yournetwork to see if it will work.

input[win+r]-->[cmd]-->[netsh winsock reset catalog]-->[netshint ip reset reset.log]

Best regrads,

Ross

0 2023-4-14 01:16:33 View all replies
Edited by Raihan Hadipriono at 2023-4-14 01:19

GTAC-Ross replied at 2023-4-11 12:54
Dear sir,

1.could you provide these information,and whether the devicesobtained  the ipv6 ip addr ...
Sorry for late reply! I have tried what you said, but I still can't solve the problem.
I have done much more test. Here are the results:
Firstly, Windows have no problem. The checkbox have been checked.
Secondly, my Raspberry Pi have received IPv6 address.  I ran 'ip addr' to check it.

What's more, I am sure the sshd deamon is active and listening the right port. I ran 'sudo systemctl status sshd' and 'netstat -nlp | grep 22 ' to check it.

Finally, the router setting are as follows:

If the configuration is right, I just don't know what is wrong.
I used win10 to connect to the Raspberry Pi at public network 1. on the network topology from last reply. The purple part covers the second pruple addr of the results of 'ip addr'.

It still said "connection refused". I think there exists some strange bugs that no one knows.
Can you just help me let the OS of my router rollback to the old version? I think that may help. (But unfortunately, I didn't remember which old version works right. I think the only way is trying some old version, from the second newest one to those older ones)
Best Regards!

0 2023-4-14 09:23:39 View all replies
Raihan Hadipriono replied at 2023-4-14 01:16
GTAC-Ross replied at 2023-4-11 12:54
Dear sir,

Dear sir,
In that case, could you capture the package from the device when you try to login to the device with IPV6, like this

then send me the result,thank you for your cooperation.
Best Regrads,
Ross

0 2023-4-16 18:33:38 View all replies
Edited by Raihan Hadipriono at 2023-4-16 18:41

GTAC-Ross replied at 2023-4-14 09:23Raihan Hadipriono replied at 2023-4-14 01:16GTAC-Ross replied at 2023-4-11 12:54Dear sir,
Dear Ross,
I tried what you have suggested and attained the following results. It seems that the ipv6 tcp connection is reset each time a client tries to connect.
Capture Results
Please change the extension of this file to .pcap before you read it. (I don't know why attaching a file leads to a change of extension)
I tried to use ssh on ipv6 connect to the Raspberry Pi in the router's sub-network. It succeeded.
Based on this results, I have no idea about what happens. I think maybe I configure the router with some mistakes or your router has some bugs? I'm not sure about that.
Best Regards!

0 2023-4-17 09:59:28 View all replies
Raihan Hadipriono replied at 2023-4-16 18:33
GTAC-Ross replied at 2023-4-14 09:23Raihan Hadipriono replied at 2023-4-14 01:16GTAC-Ross replied at ...

Dear sir,

Thank you for your information,for this issue we will confirm with our colleague
could you kindly send the capture package result via?
here is my eamil:liujunhui1@ruijie.com.cn

Thank you for your cooperation.

Best Regards,

Ross

0 2023-4-17 10:39:34 View all replies
Guest 110.87.46.x replied at 2023-4-17 09:59
Dear sir,

Thank you for your information,for this issue we will confirm with our colleague

Dear Ross,
Of course!
I think it's possible that my sshd configuration has some mistakes. I will check it carefully from now.
Thanks for your suggestion again!
Best Regards.

0 2023-4-17 11:12:09 View all replies
Raihan Hadipriono replied at 2023-4-17 10:39
Dear Ross,
Of course!
I think it's possible that my sshd configuration has some mistakes. I will  ...

Dear sir,

Thank you for your cooperation

Best Regrads,
Ross

0 2023-5-14 22:10:42 View all replies
Davecon replied at 2023-4-17 11:12
Dear sir,

Thank you for your cooperation

Dear Rose,
Do you have any idea about the cause of this problem? If not, can you help me downgrade the OS version of my router? Maybe downgrade the OS version can solve this problem
Best Regards.

Related Posts
Product Model

Share this topic to

Cancel

This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Ruijie may provide or recommend responses as a possible solution based on the information provided; every potential issue may involve several factors not detailed in the conversations captured in an electronic forum and Ruijie can therefore provide no guarantee as to the efficacy of any proposed solutions on the community forums. Ruijie disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Ruijie Community Terms of Use.

More ways to get help: Visit Support Videos, call us via Service Hotline, Facebook or Live Chat.

©2000-2023 Ruijie Networks Co,Ltd