Register now

Welcome to use this form to feedback your problems with Ruijie Community

The category of your feedback

Your Feedback

Your Email address (optional):

EW1200G Pro: How can i change the IP in access point mode manually? Reply

Raymond Jay Berin

Level 1

EW1200G Pro: How can i change the IP in access point mode manually?
1723 9 2023-4-15 17:38:14
Original
Hi. Since i updated to the latest firmware. The manual edit of AP mode IP address of ew1200G pro is not available. Is there any ways to change it manually? Without needing an EG cloud routers? Also i tried using the cloud but there is no option for changing the AP mode IP.
RG-EW1200G Pro

Wired Repeater Firmware Network Setting Mesh Wi-Fi
0 2023-4-16 17:28:07 View all replies
Dear Raymond,

May I please know your current firmware version? Have you tried configuring the static IP address in the Internet section on the device eWeb?

Best regards,
Jayden

0 2023-4-17 21:19:15 View all replies
GTAC-Jayden replied at 2023-4-16 17:28
Dear Raymond,

May I please know your current firmware version? Have you tried configuring the stati ...

Latest Firmware: ReyeeOS 1.204.2430

Every time i click the globe logo. That is what toasting. Also when i try to edit it the IP is automatically assigned by the DHCP server.

There is no input for Static IP. It is assigned by DHCP server automatically. I want it to be changed static in the ew1200g pro router itself. Not by the dhcp server.

0 2023-4-18 10:02:32 View all replies
Raymond Jay Berin replied at 2023-4-17 21:19
Latest Firmware: ReyeeOS 1.204.2430

Dear sir,

May I please know what the previous firmware version was that allowed you to manually set static IP for the EW router in AP mode?

Best regards,
Jayden

0 2023-4-20 15:12:53 View all replies
GTAC-Jayden replied at 2023-4-18 10:02
Dear sir,

May I please know what the previous firmware version was that allowed you to manually s ...

I cant remember but that was from year 2021 month of august firmware

0 2023-4-20 19:18:37 View all replies
Raymond Jay Berin replied at 2023-4-20 15:12
I cant remember but that was from year 2021 month of august firmware

Dear Raymond,

As checked with the configuration guide for the latest firmware and those for the previous firmware versions, EW routers do not support setting static IP addresses when working as a repeater. Please kindly note that Access Point mode is the same as a wired repeater. And thus the Internet page will be automatically disabled when the EW device is switched to AP mode.

Best regards,
Jayden

0 2023-4-24 00:22:37 View all replies
GTAC-Jayden replied at 2023-4-20 19:18
Dear Raymond,

As checked with the configuration guide for the latest firmware and those for the p ...

yes i know. but my main concern is that. i cannot change the IP when i turn it into AP mode. because it needs an EG cloud routers. like EG105G.

is there any ways on how to make it a static IP even if it is a AP mode.

0 2023-4-24 09:30:10 View all replies
Raymond Jay Berin replied at 2023-4-24 00:22
yes i know. but my main concern is that. i cannot change the IP when i turn it into AP mode. becau ...

Dear Raymond,

If you have access to the DHCP server, you may statically bind the IP address on the DHCP server.

Best regards,
Jayden

0 2023-4-24 17:47:21 View all replies
GTAC-Jayden replied at 2023-4-20 19:18
Dear Raymond,

As checked with the configuration guide for the latest firmware and those for the p ...

i think the color blue firmware before can change AP mode IP to static before.

0 2023-4-26 13:56:33 View all replies
Raymond Jay Berin replied at 2023-4-24 17:47
i think the color blue firmware before can change AP mode IP to static before.
Dear Raymond,

Please kindly note it is recommended to keep the firmware up to date, and the latest firmware does not support configuring static IP on EW routers working in repeater mode. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause to you.

Best regards,
Jayden

Releated Posts
Product Model

Share this topic to

Cancel

This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Ruijie may provide or recommend responses as a possible solution based on the information provided; every potential issue may involve several factors not detailed in the conversations captured in an electronic forum and Ruijie can therefore provide no guarantee as to the efficacy of any proposed solutions on the community forums. Ruijie disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Ruijie Community Terms of Use.

More ways to get help: Visit Support Videos, call us via Service Hotline, Facebook or Live Chat.

©2000-2023 Ruijie Networks Co,Ltd