Forgot password?
 Register now

Welcome to use this form to feedback your problems with Ruijie Community

The category of your feedback

Your Feedback

Your Email address (optional):

Official
【Topic Discussion】Do you have better solution to solve the power issue in the remote area? Reply

admin

Level 4

【Topic Discussion】Do you have better solution to solve the power issue in the remote area?
1674 2 2023-6-14 14:11:40
Original
Recently, solar-panel is used to solve the  problems of no grid power or unstable grid power sources in some areas. But there are still many problems, such as short battery time or no monitoring of solar panel condition and fans or other devices in the box!

Most of the on-site installers may encounter situations where there is no grid power source (off grid) or the grid power is unstable. So the solar panel is an initial way to supply power.

So, as for today's topic, we can focus on the following questions:
  • Have you ever installed the project on a remote site?
  • Did you encounter the issue that the site lacks power, but you really need power? How did you solve it at that time?
  • In your outdoor project experience, what's the clients' requirement? (CCTV or network data transmission? ) what kind of device is needed to install?(like solar panel, battery, UPS, switch, camera, wireless bridge...) What's the topology in your project? and do you have another requirement or suggestion to do your project better and easier, but the current product does not meet well? Or do you have some good products to recommend?
Other

Topic Discussion Other
0 2023-6-14 20:17:36 View all replies
Im commenting to follow this topic.   I Would like to see other ideas out there.

0 2023-6-23 14:11:03 View all replies
Edited by Maco Cortes at 2023-6-23 14:39

1. Yes. I did. However and unfortunately, not Ruijie.
2. Yes. What you need is a proper load computation of the power. If your setup lacks, it lacks - so you need to either upgrade your PV panels, batteries, Solar Charge Controller, or you may need to decrease your Inverter Size if it's oversized or if it is installed in your system.
What you need to compute is:
  • Your actual power consumption / operating power consumption
  • Days of Autonomy (No. of days on where your system can still be alive without sunlight)
  • Type of Battery and It's Depth of Charge
Your PV Panels, Inverter, and Solar Charge Controller specs will depend your Power Consumption and Days of Autonomy.
3. I have designed a True-wireless CCTV Security System of a company wayback 2020.
It is running with P2P, IP CCTVs and a Solar Kit that I have designed that is intended only for the system.
In actual world conditions, Topology is quite tricky. Your Topology may depend on the area, the requirement - bandwidth, redundancy, etc., and most importantly is your client's budget. In my case, we implemented a Hybrid Design but mostly incorporating the Mesh Topology.
For our Experience with Off-grid Systems, if it is possible for you NOT to use AC Systems, then it is better. It is more efficient if you do not convert your DC Power to AC because you may only have minimal loss. But if you need to, then your inverter capacity must be fit to your requirement, not oversized.

-------------------
For me, the best innovation to develop is a PoE Network Switch that has the following:
  • Solar PV Panel Input
  • Battery Input
  • SFP Ports
  • PoE Watchdog
  • DIN Rail Mounting Option
  • Cloud Manageable - incorporation of Reyee Cloud - with PV Harvest Monitoring, Battery Charge State and Battery Cycle Count, Power Consumption Monitoring

Incorporating the Solar Power Systems to a PoE Network Switch will definitely be a game-changer for Integrators like me.
It would be less hassle since it is no longer a need to build Solar Power Kits, lesser equipment to use since the Solar Power System is already incorporated to the switch itself, and most importantly, Backwards-compatible especially when you already have a deployed system - you may not need to change the topology, or cabling since it is already present.

Releated Posts
Product Model

Share this topic to

Cancel

This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Ruijie may provide or recommend responses as a possible solution based on the information provided; every potential issue may involve several factors not detailed in the conversations captured in an electronic forum and Ruijie can therefore provide no guarantee as to the efficacy of any proposed solutions on the community forums. Ruijie disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Ruijie Community Terms of Use.

More ways to get help: Visit Support Videos, call us via Service Hotline, Facebook or Live Chat.

©2000-2023 Ruijie Networks Co,Ltd