Your Feedback

Your Email address (optional):

RG EW1200 can't pair / mesh to main router RG EW1200G PRO Reply

Made Asthito Yogi Prasanna

Level 1

RG EW1200 can't pair / mesh to main router RG EW1200G PRO
1740 8 2023-8-10 11:40:36
Original
In my topology, I have 1 master (EW 1200 G Pro) and another 3 slave (RG EW 1200) right now and wanted to add another slave router, all the 3 slave is easy to setup with no problem, just :
Put it close to the master > press the pair button on the master router > the master light blinking > the wifi led on the slave router blinking > wait a minute > and done, a success pairing (main and slave stop blinking).
All is normal for the other 3 configuration, but the new slave router that i wanted to connect just keep not pairing with the main router, i already try a lot of thing, even restarting all the configuration, but still the new slave router keep not wanting get paired, the wifi led is always keep blinking even when the main router is already stop blinking, why is that?
Is something wrong in my configuration step or is it a faulty router?

RG-EW1200

Wireless Router Mesh Wi-Fi Network Setting Configuration
0 2023-8-10 15:02:47 Solved View all replies
a) Please check the distance between the two devices. When establishing the mesh for the first time, the Slave device should be within two meters of the Master device (unobstructed environment).
b) When moving a Slave device to a location where Wi-Fi coverage is required, there is no more than one wall between the Slave device and the Master device. If more than two walls exist between two devices, the mesh rebuild may fail.

c) Recommend upgrading the device to the latest version of the firmware

0 2023-8-10 15:17:54 View all replies
1. make sure you press the button on both devices simultaneously,
2. make sure the slave has the default factory setting
3. make sure the mesh function is enabled and it is enabled in factory setting
4. make sure upgrade the device to the latest version of the firmware

0 2023-8-11 17:58:58 View all replies
GTAC-Stella replied at 2023-8-10 15:17
1. make sure you press the button on both devices simultaneously,
2. make sure the slave has the def ...

Hi thanks for the reply, i take your recommendation to upgrade the firmware, but how did i need to do it? Is that mean that i need to access the slave router first using ip, then configure first, then upgrading the firmware, finally after the firmware is updated, the router need to get reset again, and then pair it back to the master.
Is that how i need to do it?

0 2023-8-11 18:23:06 View all replies
Made Asthito Yogi Prasanna replied at 2023-8-11 17:58
Hi thanks for the reply, i take your recommendation to upgrade the firmware, but how did i need to ...

Update : i already check all my device and indeed, all the old router have a different version (master : 1.219.1821 and all the slave : 1.204.1530) than my newest router (1.55.2414)
Now i know that the problem is the firmware version i wanted to update all my old router to the newest router (1.2 > 1.5) but when i access using the ruijie cloud, it say that the device is already up to date. So how could i do an update for all of my old router then?

0 2023-8-12 12:08:31 View all replies
Made Asthito Yogi Prasanna replied at 2023-8-11 18:23
Update : i already check all my device and indeed, all the old router have a different version (ma ...

if it shows like "latest" in this picture, then it is the newest version ;
on the other hand, if ti show "upgrade" like in the picture below ,you need to press the firmware on the left side to upgrade;

if the old three have the latest version, you can download the latest firmware by serching the new router's model name in the download page below on our official website and log in to the WEB of the new router ,(1.Connect to the default wireless SSID “@Ruijie-sXXXX”.2.Log in to the device by using the default management address 192.168.110.1)
then upgrade it locally on the web:

And I want to confirm with you that what is the model of your new router? is it belongs to EW series, is it the same model as the old three?

0 2023-8-14 10:19:41 View all replies
GTAC-Stella replied at 2023-8-12 12:08
if it shows like "latest" in this picture, then it is the newest version ;
on the other hand, if t ...

Hi, sorry for the late reply! but I already solved the problem by manually updating the firmware on the newest router to the same version as the other router (1.55 to 1.219) because when i use the cloud app, it doesn't detect the version problem. And yes it all belong to EW series and the same model as the old three. So here is the recap of this thread:
Problem : Newest Router can't connect to Old Router
Found Problem : The firmware version in the newest router is not up-to-date (1.55) (the Cloud App doesn't detect the problem)
Fix : Updating the firmware manually by configuring the router and connecting it to the internet, when the update is already taking place, reset factory the router and then pair it again with the mesh network

0 2023-8-14 10:20:18 View all replies
So here is the recap of this thread:
Found Problem : The firmware version in the newest router is not up-to-date (1.55) (the Cloud App doesn't detect the problem)
Fix : Updating the firmware manually by configuring the router and connecting it to the internet, when the update is already taking place, reset factory the router and then pair it again with the mesh network

0 2023-8-14 12:09:17 View all replies
Made Asthito Yogi Prasanna replied at 2023-8-14 10:20
So here is the recap of this thread:
Found Probl ...

I am so glad,
welcome to contact us,
anytime

Releated Posts
Product Model

Share this topic to

Cancel

This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Ruijie may provide or recommend responses as a possible solution based on the information provided; every potential issue may involve several factors not detailed in the conversations captured in an electronic forum and Ruijie can therefore provide no guarantee as to the efficacy of any proposed solutions on the community forums. Ruijie disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Ruijie Community Terms of Use.

More ways to get help: Visit Support Videos, call us via Service Hotline, Facebook or Live Chat.

©2000-2023 Ruijie Networks Co,Ltd