Your Email address (optional):

WIFI SSIDs Not visible Reply

Clint Thebus

Level 1

WIFI SSIDs Not visible
1599 4 2023-8-31 14:06:26
Original
Good Day ,
I have a client that was setup sometime ago with a EG105g-V2 and 2 x RAP 2200E AP's which has 2 SSIDs. One for admin and one for staff.
They asked me to create a third SSID, which i did but was not visible at all. I have deleted it and recreated it under both normal and guest but still the same result. I then removed the EG105g-V2 from the cloud and added it back again, but after that, all the SSIDs were gone and they could only see a Ruijie SSIDs even when the config on the router and the cloud showed the SSIDs i originally created. I then deleted the original SSIDs and recreated them both which by only the main default one(Bruces Catering) i created showed up and not the second one (Bruce_Catering_Staff_WIFI).I downgraded and upgraded the firmware on the EG105g and both Ap's and still nothing.
I have tried to get the second one to show but with no luck . Any help on this will be appreciated.

RG-RAP2200(E)

Wireless
0 2023-8-31 14:12:50 View all replies
Dear sir

Please help confirm whether your SSID includes the special character: "$", if yes, please help remove it then try again. If the problem still exists, please help share with me your network to my email to further check this issue: yujiamin1@ruijie.com.cn. Thank you fo r your cooperation.

Best regards
Jenny

0 2023-8-31 14:26:27 View all replies
GTAC-Jenny replied at 2023-8-31 14:12
Dear sir

Please help confirm whether your SSID includes the special character: "$", if yes, please  ...

Good day Jenny,
Thank you for your quick reply. Non of the SSIDs have the $ in them. i will share the network with you via email.

0 2023-8-31 15:13:14 View all replies
Clint Thebus replied at 2023-8-31 14:26
Good day Jenny,
Thank you for your quick reply. Non of the SSIDs have the $ in them. i will share  ...

Hi Jenny,
just after i logged this fault, i decided to go to the cloud and change the Staff WIFI SSID to hidden and then change it back again to normal and all of a sudden the SSID was visible. The password of this SSID had a $ at the end of it and i removed the $ in the password, then waited a few minutes and added it back again as it was working fine that way. But when i asked the client to connect to the Staff WIFI SSID, it did not work with the password with the $ in it even though the password on the cloud and EG has the $ sign in. They then tried the password without it and it connected fine. So it seems when you change the password it does not accept the change.
But im fine with that for now as they are now working.

Thank you

0 2023-8-31 16:20:55 View all replies
Clint Thebus replied at 2023-8-31 15:13
Hi Jenny,
just after i logged this fault, i decided to go to the cloud and change the Staff WIFI S ...

Dear sir

Thank you for your reply. If you encounter any problems, please feel free to contact us.

Best regards
Jenny

Releated Posts
Product Model

Share this topic to

Cancel

This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Ruijie may provide or recommend responses as a possible solution based on the information provided; every potential issue may involve several factors not detailed in the conversations captured in an electronic forum and Ruijie can therefore provide no guarantee as to the efficacy of any proposed solutions on the community forums. Ruijie disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Ruijie Community Terms of Use.

More ways to get help: Visit Support Videos, call us via Service Hotline, Facebook or Live Chat.

©2000-2023 Ruijie Networks Co,Ltd