Your Feedback

Your Email address (optional):

Mesh solution using outdoor Reyee AP RAP6262G for 4 hops Reply

Ibrahim

Level 1

Mesh solution using outdoor Reyee AP RAP6262G for 4 hops
1083 3 2023-10-9 19:53:54
Original

one project tp connect IP camera through wireless, mainly it's a road with 1.8 KM, so my suggestions to put main cabinet in the middle then 4 poles in each side in two parts, distance between poles max is 200 m some distance between is 150 or less.
I recommended first PTP/ PTMP products, but SI are not allowed to deploy in my region, I recommend for him RAP6262G to use it to connect camera by mesh with max 3 hopes,

my questions,1- is it ok to use it for 4 hops counts from the main AP?
2-max distance between poles is 200 m, will the solution be stable or having disconnection issues?

RG-RAP6262(G)

Mesh Wi-Fi Wireless Bridge Wireless
0 2023-10-9 20:45:20 View all replies
Hello, may I know what do you mean by hops? in MESH network, all the slave ap should be connected to the main one directly by mesh.

0 2023-10-9 21:10:24 View all replies
GTAC-Stella replied at 2023-10-9 20:45
Hello, may I know what do you mean by hops? in MESH network, all the slave ap should be connected to ...

Hi,

I mean for hops that if each Ap give data to the neighbored one, for example we have 5 AP like below topology:-

AP1--- 1ST HOP---- AP2-------2ND HOP------AP3-------3rd HOP-----AP4

0 2023-10-10 10:10:38 View all replies
Ibrahim replied at 2023-10-9 21:10
Hi,

I mean for hops that if each Ap give data to the neighbored one, for example we have 5 AP lik ...

Hello,
The MESH can support a maximum of 3 hops, and this is not recommended because the second and the third hop AP signal will decline gradually and it will become weak for the far end.
You could try to instlall the APs by testing the signal strengh for no less than -60dbm at the edge of each AP.

Releated Posts
Product Model

Share this topic to

Cancel

This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Ruijie may provide or recommend responses as a possible solution based on the information provided; every potential issue may involve several factors not detailed in the conversations captured in an electronic forum and Ruijie can therefore provide no guarantee as to the efficacy of any proposed solutions on the community forums. Ruijie disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Ruijie Community Terms of Use.

More ways to get help: Visit Support Videos, call us via Service Hotline, Facebook or Live Chat.

©2000-2023 Ruijie Networks Co,Ltd