Forgot password?
 Register now

Welcome to use this form to feedback your problems with Ruijie Community

The category of your feedback

Your Feedback

Your Email address (optional):

Fairly good size wireless deployment but having issues with stale clients remaining stuck after they have all gone away from site for days Reply

Devinder Sharma

Level 1

Fairly good size wireless deployment but having issues with stale clients remaining stuck after they have all gone away from site for days
1000 3 2023-10-14 21:49:36
Original
Hi Tech support,
I have a 224 AP license AC and many APs. The setup is for Guest Wi-Fi mainly. After the guests have  left the site, the APs keep showing those clients online. They show uptime of hours and days and traffic shown on web GUI is all 0. I have under ap-config all, sta-idle-timeout 3600, response-rssi 17 on both radios and also globally I have offline-detect interval 60 threshold 0, but nothing works. Clearly deAuth message from leaving client does not reach AP for it to disconnect, but it should then use idle timeout or the offline detect interval to remove clients from its database.

Only thing that works is reboot of APs. I have latest available firmware. Is this a known problem / bug that is being worked on? Is there a workaround other than rebooting the APs?
Thanks

RG-WS6008

Wireless
0 2023-10-14 22:48:25 View all replies
Dear sir

We need  to collect more information to further check this issue, you can send the following information to our support email: service_rj@ruijienetworks.com with this case ID: CS20231014-2554229.
1 Please type these commands on the AC CLI and show me the result:
show version
show version all
show run
show ac-config summary
show ap-config run
2 Whether the wired network is normal?
3 Whether both 2.4G and 5G have the same issue?
4 Please check the client's wireless signal strength.
5 Please kindly help describe the issue more clearly that whether the users are directly disconnected from the wifi or the wifi is still connected but the Internet dropped?
6 How many users connected when the issue happened? Whether all the user devices have the same issue?
7 Please check whether there are too many devices connected and whether the total bandwidth is enough for all the devices.
8 May I know does the issue happen randomly or it will happen at specific times?
9 If the devices are online, could you help also share with me the network to further check?

Best regards
Jenny

0 2023-10-15 03:15:09 View all replies
俞佳敏1 replied at 2023-10-14 22:48
Dear sir

We need  to collect more information to further check this issue, you can send the followi ...

Thanks Jenny for your detailed response. I will answer some of the questions below:

2 Whether the wired network is normal?  

Yes wired network has zero issues.

3 Whether both 2.4G and 5G have the same issue?

Yes both frequency bands have this issues.

4 Please check the client's wireless signal strength.

This is not applicable to my case as I explained in my post. These clients are no longer on site and they have left the site hours and days ago. This is for Guest Wi-Fi.

5 Please kindly help describe the issue more clearly that whether the users are directly disconnected from the wifi or the wifi is still connected but the Internet dropped?

Users don't get disconnected or lose internet, and they roam fine, but while they are leaving  the building, naturally they roam to the APs closer to the building edge / walls / exit doors. And these APs then never delete some of the outgoing clients. Idle timeout should detect this and that does not work. Offline detect should work and that does not work.

6 How many users connected when the issue happened? Whether all the user devices have the same issue? Had about 150 peak users and then 25 users remained stuck, until I reboot the APs. Reboot of AC does not work and they  still show up on the controller as APs keep showing association to these clients and thus AC also then shows these after reboot.

7 Please check whether there are too many devices connected and whether the total bandwidth is enough for all the devices.

We have many APs and huge pool of bandwidth. We are using 10% of the capacity of the APs and 20% of the Internet bandwidth, so no bottlenecks in there.

8 May I know does the issue happen randomly or it will happen at specific times?

This happen every time. I can have users that show stuck for days while DHCP leases may be even zero for the Guest Wi-Fi. Lease time is 30 minutes.

So my question is then if this is a bug and why the two commands of station idle timeout and offline detection does not work?

Thanks

0 2023-10-17 13:47:58 View all replies
Devinder Sharma replied at 2023-10-15 03:15
Thanks Jenny for your detailed response. I will answer some of the questions below:

2 Whether the ...

Dear sir

Thank you for your reply. Could you help also  type these commands on the AC and send the results to my email: yujiamin1@ruijie.com.cn to further check the device running config:
show version
show version all
show run
show ac-config summary
show ap-config run
You can refer to this document about the offline detect commands on page 2157 to check whether you have configured it successfully: https://www.ruijienetworks.com/resources/preview/ruijie-rg-wlan-series-access-controllers-configuration-guide-rgos11-9-6-w3b1

You can configure kick off threshold to kick off the user which are far away from the AP via the following commands:

Ruijie(config)#interface dot11radio 2/0
Ruijie(config-if-Dot11radio 2/0)#response-rssi 20  //It is used to force control the access range ofwireless terminals. When the RSSI of wireless users during access is lower than -75dbm, then they are not allowed to access this SSID.

Ruijie(config-if-Dot11radio 2/0)#assoc-rssi 20 radio 1  //It is used to force control the range to maintainthe association and kick the user offline when the RSSI of the wireless user inthe association is lower than -75dbm.

Notes:
①For response-rssi, a single AP will still allowwireless users to connect with SSID after 2 rejections.
②For assoc-rssi, when the terminal is associated for 1 minute, if it is lower than the RSSI, then will be kicked offline. When the terminal is associated again, if it is still below the threshold, the single AP will kick STA again after 10 minutes. If the terminal is continuously below the threshold, it will be kicked once every 10 minutes. Now the setting of the related time is not supported.

You may also provide me some pictures about this issue that where you check the clients are stuck on the AP but actually they already gone away so that I can send you a better solution.

Best regards
Jenny

Related Posts
Product Model

Share this topic to

Cancel

This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Ruijie may provide or recommend responses as a possible solution based on the information provided; every potential issue may involve several factors not detailed in the conversations captured in an electronic forum and Ruijie can therefore provide no guarantee as to the efficacy of any proposed solutions on the community forums. Ruijie disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Ruijie Community Terms of Use.

More ways to get help: Visit Support Videos, call us via Service Hotline, Facebook or Live Chat.

©2000-2023 Ruijie Networks Co,Ltd