Register now

Welcome to use this form to feedback your problems with Ruijie Community

The category of your feedback

Your Feedback

Your Email address (optional):

Can the controller be installed on-premise? Reply

E M

Level 1

Can the controller be installed on-premise?
1244 6 2023-11-18 20:27:37
Original
Hello, i wanted to know if the controller can be installed on our own server instead of Ruijee cloud servers.

This is for privacy reasons and also to be able to manage the network in case of internet downtime.

Thank you,
E.
Ruijie Cloud

Cloud Switch Network Setting Offline
0 2023-11-18 20:31:24 View all replies
Can I know what controller you're referring to? Do you have a specific device model?
What do you mean installation? You mean you want to use your own software platform to manage our devices?

0 2023-11-18 20:53:42 View all replies
I mean install ruijie cloud controller on our own server or vm.

This is also lots of times required by EU regulations and GDPR law enforcement in europe.
Lots of businesses are not legally allowed to have their networks managed by cloud providers because their data is at risk.
This is really a deal braker because we could not sell ruijie to lots of business customers.
For example with ubiquiti you can do this, you get all the functionality of the unifi cloud controller but you download it and self host it on your own server.

GTAC-Micca replied at 2023-11-18 20:31
Can I know what controller you're referring to? Do you have a specific device model?
What do you mea ...

0 2023-11-19 02:58:11 View all replies
Edited by poli5681 at 2023-11-19 03:04

I think you misunderstood how the Reyee/Ruijie System works. The "controller" as one might call it is already local in your network. It is the SON Master device (most probably your router or one of your APs).
This is essentialy identical to how Ubiquiti works (except you don't need additional hardware with Reyee to run the controller software).
If you like you can cut the connection to the cloud completely on you local SON Master or unbind in the cloud.
Please note that if you want to still use the cloud it should be fine with GDPR as the Ruijie EU Cloud is not hosted outside of the EU afaik.
Hope that helps.
Martin

0 2023-11-19 21:32:45 View all replies
poli5681 replied at 2023-11-19 02:58
I think you misunderstood how the Reyee/Ruijie System works. The "controller" as one might call it i ...

Thank you for your answer..
If “unbinding” from the reyee cloud will i have to configure every access point one by one with its own web interface or will the “controller software” be reached locally by one of the devices?
Also will the reye app be usable too like ubiquiti?

I mean, will i get all the functionality of configuration , apps and whatever fancy feature reyee has even if i dont manage the system on the cloud?

Thank you

0 2023-11-21 09:14:06 View all replies
E M replied at 2023-11-19 21:32
If “unbinding” from the reyee cloud will i have to configure every a ...

Ruijie Cloud is just a device management platform.
If you are concerned about any security issues, you can choose not to add devices to manage on Ruijie Cloud. Ruijie Reyee APP is cloud-based. Devices will only appear in the APP if you add them to manage on the cloud.
Another way is to enable the SON function of the device. In this way, you do not need to add devices, but only need to log in devices locally, and devices in the same SON will be unified management.
Here are some FAQ for your reference: https://community.ruijienetworks.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=2353&extra=page%3D1

0 2023-11-25 00:38:41 View all replies
Edited by poli5681 at 2023-11-25 00:39

E M replied at 2023-11-19 21:32
If “unbinding” from the reyee cloud will i have to configure every a ...
As Micca said, you can choose to not bind or unbind your devices from the cloud and manage them locally. You don't need to configure each and every device. Reyee uses SON approach; meaning one device will be chosen as master and essentially acts as a controller for the network. You can reach the master from every devices web interface on the upper left corner and control the whole network.
Unfortunately the App won't work in this case as it currently does only support cloud management.

Releated Posts
Product Model

Share this topic to

Cancel

This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Ruijie may provide or recommend responses as a possible solution based on the information provided; every potential issue may involve several factors not detailed in the conversations captured in an electronic forum and Ruijie can therefore provide no guarantee as to the efficacy of any proposed solutions on the community forums. Ruijie disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Ruijie Community Terms of Use.

More ways to get help: Visit Support Videos, call us via Service Hotline, Facebook or Live Chat.

©2000-2023 Ruijie Networks Co,Ltd