adding RG-EG105GW-X as wifi mesh node
422 1 2023-12-28 15:31:30
Original
if my network already have :

- 1 unit mikrotik as router
- 1 unit RG-RAP2266 as access point using wired cable connect to mikrotik

- 2 unit RG-RAP2260(G) as access point using wired cable connect to mikrotik

my question is
a) can i adding RG-EG105GW-X as mesh wifi because i have some spot need wifi and no wired over there
b) if there's wired can i adding RG-RAP1261                     so then all can have mesh wifi

most important that all can connect as 1 SSID (zero roaming)

if theres any suggestion please let me know

RG-RAP2260(G)

Wireless
0 2023-12-28 16:13:49 View all replies
Edited by GTAC-David at 2023-12-28 16:15

Dear,
1. You can add RG-EG105GW-X as mesh even though you can not use wired connection. RG-EG105GW-X  can mesh with other APs using wireless repeater mode to connect;
2. RG-RAP1261  supports mesh technology, you can mesh the devices with other APs.

Mesh technology ensure all devices can connect as 1 SSID

Releated Posts
Product Model

Share this topic to

Cancel

This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Ruijie may provide or recommend responses as a possible solution based on the information provided; every potential issue may involve several factors not detailed in the conversations captured in an electronic forum and Ruijie can therefore provide no guarantee as to the efficacy of any proposed solutions on the community forums. Ruijie disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Ruijie Community Terms of Use.

More ways to get help: Visit Support Videos, call us via Service Hotline, Facebook or Live Chat.

©2000-2023 Ruijie Networks Co,Ltd