Forgot password?
 Register now

Welcome to use this form to feedback your problems with Ruijie Community

The category of your feedback

Your Feedback

Your Email address (optional):

Can scamers see data if my ssid is open and i use captive portal for authentication. Reply

Sipho Mashapa

Level 1

Can scamers see data if my ssid is open and i use captive portal for authentication.
395 3 2024-1-19 01:30:19
Original
Hi, i have an ssid that is open, no encryption and i use captive portal authentication,
When i connect to ssid i see message that says wifi not secure,
Can scamers see clients data since is not encrypted,
If yes how can i make it secure and still use captive portal auth and vouchers

Thanks
RAP6202(G)

Wireless
0 2024-1-19 05:02:21 View all replies
Dear,
Good  day.
The SSID shows it is not secure because it does not have a password. However, scammers cannot access the network devices or clients as they first have to go through the portal authentication.
It is possible to set a password for the SSID and activate the portal; however, it would be redudant, and the use of the captive portal would not be necessary.

Regards

0 2024-1-19 07:59:37 View all replies
AnaKarenDuranUrrutia replied at 2024-1-19 05:02
Dear,
Good  day.
The SSID shows it is not secure because it does not have a password. However, scamm ...

Hi, Thank you for your feedback it is 100% crystal clear,

How do i set a password for the SSID and activate the portal at the same time?

i just dont want the users of the wifi seen the message that is not secure.

0 2024-1-19 08:42:15 View all replies
Sipho Mashapa replied at 2024-1-19 07:59
Hi, Thank you for your feedback it is 100% crystal clear,

How do i set a password for the SSID an ...

Dear,
To have a secure (encrypted) network and the captive portal, you must first create the SSID with the desired password and then create the captive portal and associate it with that SSID.

1. Create SSID

2.Create Captive portal

3.  Connect  to the SSID
*Important: Clients will need to know the password.

Best regards.

Releated Posts
Product Model

Share this topic to

Cancel

This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Ruijie may provide or recommend responses as a possible solution based on the information provided; every potential issue may involve several factors not detailed in the conversations captured in an electronic forum and Ruijie can therefore provide no guarantee as to the efficacy of any proposed solutions on the community forums. Ruijie disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Ruijie Community Terms of Use.

More ways to get help: Visit Support Videos, call us via Service Hotline, Facebook or Live Chat.

©2000-2023 Ruijie Networks Co,Ltd