Your Feedback

Your Email address (optional):

Need to route between 2 lan interfaces Reply

Kevin Monsalvo

Level 1

Need to route between 2 lan interfaces
592 4 2024-1-29 07:00:06
Original
Hi, I require to connect 2 separate Lan interfaces not VLANS in my router, how can I route only to permit certain Ips or subnet. I try different ways but is not working. Also I need to find more labs and tutorials to understand the setup for these devices. Currently I bought 2 [color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.65)]NBR6215-E.

RG-NBR6215-E

Cloud Router
0 2024-1-29 07:37:20 View all replies
Dear,
Good day,
Do you mean having two outbound interfaces to the internet with different routing?
You can refer to the following links to consult the specifications of the equipment and commands

https://www.ruijienetworks.com/resources/preview/77351 (Pages 21-24 )
Regards

0 2024-1-29 09:00:55 View all replies
AnaKarenDuranUrrutia replied at 2024-1-29 07:37
Dear,
Good day,
Do you mean having two outbound interfaces to the internet with different routing? ...

No, I mean that I used 1 physical port lan with Ip address (LAN0) with local IP address (192.168.100.0/24), an another physical port (LAN1) with another address and subnet (10.10.10.0/24). I want to route the traffic between these 2 Ip adresses. These ar not VLANS, please help me, take into account that I read your cookbook to find a solution with ACL but its not working. Let me know how to solve this.
Thanks in advanced.

0 2024-1-29 09:55:38 View all replies
Kevin Monsalvo replied at 2024-1-29 09:00
No, I mean that I used 1 physical port lan with Ip address (LAN0) with local IP address (192.168.1 ...

Dear sir

Do you want traffic from different network segments to be sent from different WAN ports? If so, you can refer to the following link to configure PBR.
【New reminder】How to configure PBR on ruijie EG? - Wireless - ruijienetworks

0 2024-1-29 16:20:08 View all replies
Edited by poli5681 at 2024-1-29 18:16

Kevin Monsalvo replied at 2024-1-29 09:00
No, I mean that I used 1 physical port lan with Ip address (LAN0) with local IP address (192.168.1 ...
Hard to tell without knowing your router model and what exactly is not working.
Assuming you use some EG product, setup is quite easy.
I know you said you want to do this "without VLAN"; but you have to configure a VLAN for this to work.
I do know that you want to assign a IP directly to the routers LAN interface - but that is not possible AFAIK.
So you have to create 2 VLANs and assign each of those to a different LAN Port with interface type "access".
But this does the same as "without VLAN".
This should "just work" without doing something else.
If there is still no communication between those 2 LANs, you have to check your ACLs. Addiitionally make sure that each client on the LANs has its default-gateway.
Hope that helps.

Releated Posts
Product Model

Share this topic to

Cancel

This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Ruijie may provide or recommend responses as a possible solution based on the information provided; every potential issue may involve several factors not detailed in the conversations captured in an electronic forum and Ruijie can therefore provide no guarantee as to the efficacy of any proposed solutions on the community forums. Ruijie disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Ruijie Community Terms of Use.

More ways to get help: Visit Support Videos, call us via Service Hotline, Facebook or Live Chat.

©2000-2023 Ruijie Networks Co,Ltd