Your Feedback

Your Email address (optional):

Channel Utilization Alarm Reply

Hizam

Level 1

Channel Utilization Alarm
917 4 2024-2-14 18:16:33
Original
I got warnings / alarms about channel utilization. What does it mean and how to handle it ?

EW1200R

Mesh Wi-Fi Troubleshooting
0 2024-2-14 18:29:59 View all replies
Hi,
That just means the channels you are using are somewhat overloaded.
Could be your own wifi capacity is not enough or somebody else is using the same channels.
You can try firing up the WIFI Optimization. If that does not help you can set different channels manually.
Additionally check if you have many users on the same channel/radio. I´d suggest not more than maybe 30-50 on the same AP (depending on your usage).
If you figured your capacity is too low and you have too much load on your own, you can try to raise the channel-width (only on 5ghz) as a stop-gap solution and add more APs later.
Hope that helps.

0 2024-2-14 18:34:46 View all replies
Hi sir,

May I know your device model and SN? Could you please share project with me ?This is my email:liuxiyang@ruijie.com.cn

Best regards,
Steve

0 2024-2-20 09:10:34 View all replies
GTAC-Steve replied at 2024-2-14 18:34
Hi sir,

May I know your device model and SN? Could you please share project with me ?This is my em ...

Hi sir,

I am experiencing the same thing which is Channel Utilization Alarm, what is the solution?

0 2024-2-20 20:06:04 View all replies
Edited by JalZa at 2024-2-20 20:07

Santosa Hospital replied at 2024-2-20 09:10
Hi sir,

I am experiencing the same thing which is Channel Utilization Alarm, what is the solutio ...
forgot about it or ignore it that alarm..
the root cause is congested in same channel that cause by your own AP and 3 or more users
or
cause by many AP's in the same spot (like your neighbour)
base in my project...
that alarm not ready yet..

Releated Posts
Product Model

Share this topic to

Cancel

This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Ruijie may provide or recommend responses as a possible solution based on the information provided; every potential issue may involve several factors not detailed in the conversations captured in an electronic forum and Ruijie can therefore provide no guarantee as to the efficacy of any proposed solutions on the community forums. Ruijie disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Ruijie Community Terms of Use.

More ways to get help: Visit Support Videos, call us via Service Hotline, Facebook or Live Chat.

©2000-2023 Ruijie Networks Co,Ltd