Your Feedback

Your Email address (optional):

Perority for some devices on eg 3200gx pro Reply

Ahmad Ali

Level 1

Perority for some devices on eg 3200gx pro
470 7 2024-3-13 08:47:43
Original
Hi how to give perority some devices like for example my ps5 device for packets sending and receiving first on eg 3200 gx pro
I have 6 devices connected to my eg 3200 but i want to give one device perority for sending packets and recieving first? How to do that?
RG-EW3200GX PRO

Network Setting Mesh-Wi-Fi
0 2024-3-14 10:48:09 View all replies
Edited by RodrigoJoseTorresGarcia at 2024-3-15 04:21

Hi Ahmad,
If you want to establish priority to your EG 3200GX PRO, please go to More Tab > Advanced > Flow Control

*If you cannot see like this (first scroll down in the options of your Reyee Router App and tap on "Switch to PC view")
Now please enable Smart Flow Control and switch to Custom Policy Tab and Add a new policy PS5 for instance:

And set the desired values within the range of bandwidth provided by your ISP.
You would have to change the IP Address settings of your PS5 from Automatic to Manual.
Considering your scenario only, If you want to have a better gaming experience, you have to use XPress
In the Mobile Phone View: Choose More Icon > XPress (and Enable)

PC View: Choose More > WLAN > Wi Fi Settings > Advanced Settings>  XPress (enable)

Turn on XPress and click Save to save the configuration. After XPress is enabled, you will have a faster
gaming experience.
Hope this information can help you, BR
Rod

0 2024-3-14 11:28:14 View all replies
RodrigoJoseTorresGarcia replied at 2024-3-14 10:48
Hi Ahmad,
If you want to establish priority to your EG 3200GX PRO, please go to More Tab > Advanced  ...

But Xpress only work for wifi gaming I'm on a lan with ps5?

0 2024-3-14 11:42:19 View all replies
Ahmad Ali replied at 2024-3-14 11:28
But Xpress only work for wifi gaming I'm on a lan with ps5?

Dear Ahmad Ali,

You may still configure flow control for the PS5 based on its IP address. Or you can disable Smart Flow Control and enable Hardware Acceleration to improve the speed:

Best regards,
Jayden

0 2024-3-14 12:36:32 View all replies
GTAC-Jayden replied at 2024-3-14 11:42
Dear Ahmad Ali,

You may still configure flow control for the PS5 based on its IP address. Or you ...

I don't wanna improve speed i want to lower the ping

0 2024-3-14 13:50:07 View all replies
Ahmad Ali replied at 2024-3-14 12:36
I don't wanna improve speed i want to lower the ping

Hi,

Sorry for any misunderstanding caused.
Pls try the flow control policy and the hardware acceleration, these 2 functions can help reduce ping delay

Regards
David

0 2024-3-14 15:13:21 View all replies
GTAC-David replied at 2024-3-14 13:50
Hi,

Sorry for any misunderstanding caused.

You can't turn on hardware acceleration and flow control together that's a problem

0 2024-3-15 18:31:37 View all replies
Ahmad Ali replied at 2024-3-14 15:13
You can't turn on hardware acceleration and flow control together that's a problem

I am sorry that our EW does not support set the priority based on device for the time being. I will feedback your requirements to R&D. If you need to, you can temporarily use the XPress function under wireless users, which can prioritize the forwarding of game packerts.

Releated Posts
Product Model

Share this topic to

Cancel

This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Ruijie may provide or recommend responses as a possible solution based on the information provided; every potential issue may involve several factors not detailed in the conversations captured in an electronic forum and Ruijie can therefore provide no guarantee as to the efficacy of any proposed solutions on the community forums. Ruijie disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Ruijie Community Terms of Use.

More ways to get help: Visit Support Videos, call us via Service Hotline, Facebook or Live Chat.

©2000-2023 Ruijie Networks Co,Ltd