Register now

Welcome to use this form to feedback your problems with Ruijie Community

The category of your feedback

Your Feedback

Your Email address (optional):

Looking for ePortalV2 integration guide with external captive portal. Reply

User 34191

Level 1

Looking for ePortalV2 integration guide with external captive portal.
308 5 2024-3-21 12:25:23
Original
Edited by User 34191 at 2024-3-21 12:33

My company provides a platform that acts as a external captive portal and RADIUS service, compatible with numerous network vendors.

Somehow, upon delivery and installation of my product at the customer site, the gateway was switched from another vendor to a Ruijie router. The company selling the Ruijie router asserts that it supports an external captive portal and insists that I develop one to ensure compatibility with Ruijie.

I'm currently developing an external captive portal to function with ePortalV2 features. However, I've encountered difficulty in locating online information regarding the parameters or values required for POST submission back to the gateway, such as authentication URL, username, password, or related parameters, akin to what is provided in other external captive implementation guides.

Has anyone successfully integrated with ePortalV2 and acquired knowledge about it? Additionally, it appears that there are no RADIUS accounting features available in the configuration.

Can anyone confirm whether it supports RADIUS accounting features with an external captive portal?

Thanks in advance.

RG-EG210G-E

Router Authentication ePortalV2
0 2024-3-21 14:01:24 View all replies
Yes, it can support.

However, you need to ensure that the radius server supports this feature.
This is the configuration of eportalv2:https://reyee.ruijie.com/en-global/resources/preview/reyee-rg-nbr-series-routers-web-based-configuration-guide

0 2024-3-21 14:19:19 View all replies
Edited by User 34191 at 2024-3-21 14:20

GTAC-Sophia replied at 2024-3-21 14:01
Yes, it can support.

However, you need to ensure that the radius server supports this feature.
Dear, Sophia

Thank you for the clarification about the RADIUS accounting function. However, I'm seeking further information regarding software integration details, similar to the example below.

The external captive portal needs to submit client data to the gateway using query parameters when the gateway redirects the client to the external portal. Unfortunately, I have been unable to find any details on how to implement this.

0 2024-3-21 16:30:51 View all replies
User 34191 replied at 2024-3-21 14:19
GTAC-Sophia replied at 2024-3-21 14:01
Yes, it can support.

Hi sir,

Our NBR supports the standard radius protocol. According your description,Our NBR is a nas device and you need to configure it on the radius server.

Best regards,
Steve

0 2024-3-21 17:12:16 View all replies
GTAC-Steve replied at 2024-3-21 16:30
Hi sir,

Our NBR supports the standard radius protocol. According your description,Our NBR is a na ...

Dear, Steve

I understand the concept of configuration, but before the Network Access Server (Ruijie) sends a RADIUS packet to my RADIUS server, the user needs to enter credentials such as a username and password into the External Captive Portal. The External Captive Portal then needs to submit this information back to the NAS before it sends a RADIUS authentication packet. The issue is that there is no documentation available regarding the implementation process. It's similar to an API concept, but mostly, external captive portals submit data via forms.

0 2024-3-22 10:48:19 View all replies
User 34191 replied at 2024-3-21 17:12
Dear, Steve

I understand the concept of configuration, but before the Network Access Server (Ruij ...

Hi sir,
Now only Ruijie Cloud can connect to third-party API, If you need this document, please provide your email, I will share it via email.

Best regards,
Steve

Releated Posts
Product Model

Share this topic to

Cancel

This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Ruijie may provide or recommend responses as a possible solution based on the information provided; every potential issue may involve several factors not detailed in the conversations captured in an electronic forum and Ruijie can therefore provide no guarantee as to the efficacy of any proposed solutions on the community forums. Ruijie disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Ruijie Community Terms of Use.

More ways to get help: Visit Support Videos, call us via Service Hotline, Facebook or Live Chat.

©2000-2023 Ruijie Networks Co,Ltd