Register now

Welcome to use this form to feedback your problems with Ruijie Community

The category of your feedback

Your Feedback

Your Email address (optional):

What is Bandwidth Detection, DNS Detection and Bandwidth Detection. Reply

Jay ✅

Level 1

What is Bandwidth Detection, DNS Detection and Bandwidth Detection.
245 2 2024-4-30 22:18:43
Original
Hi All,

I have a ticket open with Ruijie Support as the Live Chat agent could not answer the following question. I thought as my first step into the Ruijie Community, I should also post the question here.

On the Reyee RG-EG router series, when navigating to the router on the Cloud Portal, Overview, Status, Egress Gateway Experience. I wanted to understand what the various Detections are trying to indicate to me and what each of the Detections mean. Normal/Abnormal WAN Links, Link Detection, DNS Detection and Bandwidth Detection.

The initial response from the Live Chat agent was "if it shows a zero there is no issue". But could not tell me what sort of actions would trigger an error. I wanted to test this feature and ask if I can set my Flow Control to less then my ISP speed and constantly hit the max Flow Control Rate would it cause an Bandwidth Detection error. I was told it would not. So my question to all of you with much more Reyee experience is, what causes the Link Detection, DNS Detection and Bandwidth Detection to display anything else other then a 0.

Ruijie Cloud

Ruijie Cloud
0 2024-4-30 22:40:32 Solved View all replies
Hi Jay,

The differences between the 3 detections are as follows:
1. Link detection checks the connectivity of a WAN link to the internet, if a WAN link fails to access internet, you can configure link detection on the following page:

If the public domain or IP configured for Link detection cannot be accessed successfully, the Link detection will raise an error and indicate that the WAN link is down.

2. DNS detection similarly detects connection to DNS servers, which are used for domain resolution, failure to access DNS servers may cause the users and devices to fail to browse websites and access services on the internet. Unfortunately Reyee EG does not support DNS probe at the moment, if you have a Ruijie EG, you can configure DNS probe as the following:

3. Bandwidth Detection can check whether the traffic passing through a WAN interface is reaching a pre-defined threshold, and raising an alarm if the limit is exceeded. Unfortunately Reyee EG does not support this feature at the moment either, if you have a Ruijie EG, you can configure Bandwidth threshold as the following:

Best regards

Jayden

0 2024-4-30 22:54:09 View all replies
Hi Jayden,

Thank you for quick response and detailed explanation, this is highly appreciated. I will play around with this and monitor further, thank you for your assistance.

Related Posts
Product Model

Share this topic to

Cancel

This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Ruijie may provide or recommend responses as a possible solution based on the information provided; every potential issue may involve several factors not detailed in the conversations captured in an electronic forum and Ruijie can therefore provide no guarantee as to the efficacy of any proposed solutions on the community forums. Ruijie disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Ruijie Community Terms of Use.

More ways to get help: Visit Support Videos, call us via Service Hotline, Facebook or Live Chat.

©2000-2023 Ruijie Networks Co,Ltd