Your Email address (optional):

Ceritficate issue with new Reyee Gateway firmware ReyeeOS 2.280.0.1620 Reply

Manh Cuong Nguyen

Level 1

Ceritficate issue with new Reyee Gateway firmware ReyeeOS 2.280.0.1620
154 7 2024-6-11 12:31:41
Original
After upgraded my EG305GH-P-E
to new fw ReyeeOS 2.280.0.1620 both Edge and Firefox warning about invalid certificate, how to resolve this issue?

NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID
Subject: Internet Widgits Pty Ltd

Issuer: Internet Widgits Pty Ltd

Expires on: May 2, 2122

Current date: Jun 11, 2024

RG-EG305GH-P-E

Firmware Router
0 2024-6-17 23:26:28 Solved View all replies
Manh Cuong Nguyen replied at 2024-6-13 16:22
Hi, this also happens on Firefox and Chrome, I can bypass and live with this but I wonder why it d ...

Hi Manh Cuong Nguyen,
The upgrade may change the root certificate or certificate chain of the AP. As a result, the trusted SSL certificate is no longer recognized by the system.

It is advised to ignore it because it does not affect the actual use of the device

0 2024-6-11 14:56:37 View all replies
Dear sir

Please provide a picture about the error to further confirm this issue. If you use a private IP address to login to the device, it means we don't have SSL certificate for specific product. We only buy SSL certificate for the website domain.

Best regards
Jenny

0 2024-6-12 09:37:30 View all replies
GTAC-Jenny replied at 2024-6-11 14:56
Dear sir

Please provide a picture about the error to further confirm this issue. If you use a priva ...

0 2024-6-13 09:22:59 View all replies

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out regarding the certificate warning issue after upgrading your EG305GH-P-E to the new ReyeeOS 2.280.0.1620 firmware.
The HTTPS certificate used by the EG device can only be verified on the EG itself, which is why your browser prompts a warning about an invalid certificate.
To resolve this issue, you can do one of the following:
  • Add an exception for the certificate in your browser:

• For Edge: When you see the warning page, click on "Advanced" and then "Proceed to [IP address] (unsafe)".
    • For Firefox: Click on "Advanced" and then "Accept the Risk and Continue".
    </li>
  • If you prefer to avoid the warning, you can import the certificate into your browser as a trusted certificate. This can be done through your browser's certificate management settings.

Please let us know if you need further assistance or detailed steps on how to import the certificate.

Best regards,
David

0 2024-6-13 11:02:16 View all replies
GTAC-David replied at 2024-6-13 09:22
Hi,

Thank you for reaching out regarding the certificate warning issue after upgrading your EG305 ...

Thank for the information, I already added EG device certificate into Edge but still get the warning.

BTW, why this didn't happen with previous firmware version?

0 2024-6-13 11:12:39 View all replies
Manh Cuong Nguyen replied at 2024-6-13 11:02
Thank for the information, I already added EG device certificate into Edge but still get the warni ...

Hi/Hello sir
I‘m sorry that we can't provide a specific solution for you based on current information.
May I confirm other browsers have the same promet? Does this prompt affect your normal use of the device, such as failure to log in to the web interface of the device

if you can login to the device when click here ?Because at this point, we suspect that the security prompt appears because the protocol used when the device locally logs in is not https

Best regards,
Ross

0 2024-6-13 16:22:42 View all replies
GTAC-Ross replied at 2024-6-13 11:12
Hi/Hello sir
I‘m sorry that we can't provide a specific solution for you based on current informa ...

Hi, this also happens on Firefox and Chrome, I can bypass and live with this but I wonder why it did not happen with old firmware version on EG device.

Related Posts
Product Model

Share this topic to

Cancel

This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Ruijie may provide or recommend responses as a possible solution based on the information provided; every potential issue may involve several factors not detailed in the conversations captured in an electronic forum and Ruijie can therefore provide no guarantee as to the efficacy of any proposed solutions on the community forums. Ruijie disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Ruijie Community Terms of Use.

More ways to get help: Visit Support Videos, call us via Service Hotline, Facebook or Live Chat.

©2000-2023 Ruijie Networks Co,Ltd