Your Email address (optional):

External captive Portal Reply

Graeme

Level 1

External captive Portal
328 7 2024-9-1 17:16:20
Original
Hi All,
I am looking to create an external portal to allow Guest users to log on to the Wi-Fi and looking for some advice on how to implement this through the Ruijie Cloud.
I have managed to create portals for Ubiquiti UniFi and TPLink Omada cloud systems, but I am finding it difficult to source the correct documentation, and possibly examples, of how to achieve this with Ruijie.  My goal is to move all my customers away from the other 2 manufacturers on to this platform once I have it up and running.
Currently, most sites have a generic router and between 1 and 20 AP's, depending on the size of business.  My preferred models are the RG-RAP2266 for internal use, and the RG-RAP6262 for external use.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Graeme.
Ruijie Cloud

Cloud Wireless Learning material Network Setting Configuration
0 2024-9-1 17:27:55 View all replies
Dear Graeme,

Good day.

May I know you device model plz?

To cofigure Captive Portal on the Ruijie Cloud, you may check this configuration guide:

Click here to view the configuration guide.

Best regards,
Lex

0 2024-9-1 17:37:43 View all replies
GTAC-Lex replied at 2024-9-1 17:27
Dear Graeme,

Good day.

Hi Lex,
I have put the device models in the question above - RG-RAP2266 and RG-RAP6262.

Yes, I have been through the pages you mentioned and that works okay but, it only goes through the configuration for creating pages on the Ruijie Cloud Platform, I want to authenticate to an EXTERNAL portal, as I mentioned previously.

The problem I have is that, even though it works okay, the Ruijie Cloud Portal pages are not customisable enough for what I need.

Hope that is clear enough.

Thanks,

0 2024-9-9 14:34:01 View all replies
Graeme replied at 2024-9-1 17:37
Hi Lex,
I have put the device models in the question above - RG-RAP2266 and RG-RAP6262.

Dear Graeme,
Good day.

Sorry that RG-RAP6262 does not support with external portal.
Devices supporting external authentication:
Ruijie Enterprise APs: All models and versions
Reyee EG routers: Models running R237 or later, and EG3 series containing the letter H, for example: EG310GH-P-E/EG310GH/EG305GH-P-E.

Best regards
Lex

0 2024-9-10 03:44:39 View all replies
GTAC-Lex replied at 2024-9-9 14:34
Dear Graeme,
Good day.

Hi Lex,
Does the RG-RAP2266 support the external portal ?

Regards,
Graeme.

0 2024-9-10 17:05:29 View all replies
Graeme replied at 2024-9-10 03:44
Hi Lex,
Does the RG-RAP2266 support the external portal ?

Dear Graeme,

Good day.

Sorry that only these device can support external authentication:

Ruijie Enterprise APs: All models and versions
Reyee EG routers: Models running R237 or later, and EG3 series containing the letter H, for example: EG310GH-P-E/EG310GH/EG305GH-P-E.
Best regards

Lex

0 2024-9-11 14:28:44 View all replies

Hi Lex,
So you are saying that, if I put a Ruijie / Reyee EG router - model EG105G-P-V2 with ReyeeOS version 2.283.0.1904 - on the network with one or more of the AP's above (RG-RAP2266 or RG-RAP6262), then I will be able to use an external captive portal?

many thanks.

Graeme

0 2024-9-11 15:23:14 View all replies
Graeme replied at 2024-9-11 14:28
Hi Lex,
So you are saying that, if I put a Ruijie / Reyee EG router - model EG105G-P-V2 with Reyee ...

Dear Graeme,
Yes, and before configure this external captive portal, you mighe need to delete all of the internal portal policy first.

Then you can configure this external policy like this:

Here's the exact list of the device that can support External captive Portal

Best regards,
Lex

Related Posts
Product Model

Share this topic to

Cancel

This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Ruijie may provide or recommend responses as a possible solution based on the information provided; every potential issue may involve several factors not detailed in the conversations captured in an electronic forum and Ruijie can therefore provide no guarantee as to the efficacy of any proposed solutions on the community forums. Ruijie disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Ruijie Community Terms of Use.

More ways to get help: Visit Support Videos, call us via Service Hotline, Facebook or Live Chat.

©2000-2023 Ruijie Networks Co,Ltd